Fishing In Thailand

lemon

was just wondering if any of you guys had been fishing or knew anything about fishing around the Bkk area/central Thailand...in my years in Bkk i never went fishing cos i didnt know anyone else who did and didnt know where to go and what u could catch there...i do remember seeing thais fishing in one pool - i think it was off one of the sukhapiban roads but went burning past on my motorbike and couldnt stop cos i was late for a job...i'm talking about freshwater fishing NOT sea fishing. anyone any experience or know anything??

I have gone freshwater fishing though not in the BKK area, I live in Nakhon Si Thammarat. It was at a fish farm I think is what it's called. There were several ponds.

It was fun, though more like shooting fish out of a barrel. :D

The best part was the BBQ fish afterwards :o

was just wondering if any of you guys had been fishing or knew anything about fishing around the Bkk area/central Thailand...in my years in Bkk i never went fishing cos i didnt know anyone else who did and didnt know where to go and what u could catch there...i do remember seeing thais fishing in one pool - i think it was off one of the sukhapiban roads but went burning past on my motorbike and couldnt stop cos i was late for a job...i'm talking about freshwater fishing NOT sea fishing. anyone any experience or know anything??

I have been freshwater fishing a few times in Thailand. Not really in the Bkk area, father in law has a house in Lop Buri. Fished the canals and a lake there a few times. Mostly caught some kinda cat fish things with a light sinker and a live crab or prawn(shrimp) and lures . Tried fly fishing a few times but didn't have much success and calls of "falang, ting tong" from the locals. Oh well, even in this part of Bkk i see kids trying thier luck . I think most of thier catch is what we would call tropical aquarium specimens in the west . I think freshwater here contains alot more fish than back home (Australia) assume the same with Nth America and Europe . Try live bait or lures around snags to target bigger fish :o