Thai Police Capture Australian Criminal

george

Thai police capture Australian criminal

UDON THANI: -- Police in Udon Thani and Pattaya today secured the arrest of a 45 year-old Australian man wanted in his homeland on a string of over 20 charges, including a hit-and-run driving offence against a policeman.

The arrest this morning of Mr. Eric Fenwick outside an Udon Thani shopping complex represented a close piece of collaboration between police in Udon Thani and tourist police in Pattaya, where the Australian had been living.

According to the Australian embassy, Mr. Fenwick has committed over 20 offences in his homeland, from where he fled to escape arrest.

He is first known to have entered Thailand in December 2003, flying out again one month later.

In March 2004 he flew into Thailand again before travelling to Laos in July, returning to Thailand three days later.

Since then he has remained in Thailand, despite his visa having expired.

Raiding Mr. Fenwick’s rented room in Udon Thani, police found print-offs from several websites featuring Thai women looking for foreign husbands.

Mr. Fenwick was known to own a Pattaya bar, which he ran together with his Thai wife.

However, he rarely put in an appearance in the bar, and police eventually tracked him down to Udon Thani, where he was apparently staying with a Thai mistress.

When the police arrested him this morning, Mr. Fenwick claimed to have lost his passport, but police found it when they raided his room.

He has been charged with being in the kingdom after the expiry of his visa, and police plan to launch further investigations into his case.

--TNA 2004-10-28

i thought all aussie's were criminals? :D  :o

i thought all aussie's were criminals? :D  :D

It's in their Genes.... :D

totster -_-

diarrhoea is also Hereditary, it runs in your jeans :(

yes it is written in history that the poms exported all those with any initative to that great wide land down under. :wub::)

Not at all Dave. The criminals were the Soapdodgers sent to Oz on the involuntary migration scheme for criminal activity. I have heard it said by wise men that they made a big error. They should have left the crooks there and sent the decent folk to Australia. Another UK government mistake. :D

yes.

I've wondered about the weirdos who ran the british govt back then - who choose to live in such a miserable climate, and send their "criminals" to a tropical paradise!!! Same as the French sending theirs to New Caledonia.

Weird...

:o

QUOTE(davethailand @ 2004-10-28 12:51:36)
i thought all aussie's were criminals?
Not at all Dave. The criminals were the Soapdodgers sent to Oz on the involuntary migration scheme for criminal activity. I have heard it said by wise men that they made a big error. They should have left the crooks there and sent the decent folk to Australia. Another UK government mistake.

$10 Immigrants :o

Not at all Dave. The criminals were the Soapdodgers sent to Oz on the involuntary migration scheme for criminal activity. I have heard it said by wise men that they made a big error. They should have left the crooks there and sent the decent folk to Australia. Another UK government mistake.
$10 Immigrants :o

At least we taught them to wash......

$10 Immigrants :D

At least we taught them to wash......

Someone had to. Being downwind of 'em was something else. :o

Wow.

I met an Australian called Eric who owned the 3T bar in Pattaya in August. He was there everyday though.

Some aspects of this clipping seem to be a little eroneous, as pointed out by Astral...they have had quite a few opportunities to pick him up. If he was the same Eric that I knew then they could have got him anytime sitting behind his bar.

Australia and Thailand do have an extradition treaty in place now.....also Thai cons here and Aussie cons there can now serve the remainder off their sentences in their homelands after serving a portion of the sentence in the country where there were sentenced....A few Aussies have been returned to OZ to finish their time....Not too many Thais want to go back there to finish theirs.... :o

totster -_-

yes it is written in history that the poms exported all those with any initative to that great wide land down under. :wub::)

And now those genetically modified genes/jeans are being re-exported to capture and conquer new markets! :)

Snowleopard.

totster -_-

And now those genetically modified genes/jeans are being re-exported to capture and conquer new markets! :)

Snowleopard.

With that rear exhaust I guess.

• 2 months later...

Ten pound Poms was the expression in the 60's and 70's.

I used to be married to one :o

Ten pound Poms was the expression in the 60's and 70's.

I used to be married to one :o

Ten pound tourist I thought. :D

:o I was nearly one of them too, but the horrific stories from those returning in their droves, put me off. "Swiss family Robinson" comes to mind.

So much nicer to stay in a civilised country, like GB, greece, or Los. :D

Back on topic - when did the Aussie Fed. Police issue an extradition warrant?

When did they know he was in Thailand?

What are his offenses (apart from being an Aussie)? Maybe they are not serious enough to be on a general notice to all immigration officers in Oz, when he first returned.

There are hundreds of Aussie bar-owners in Pattaya, some even post on this forum. So knowing one or two doesn't mean that you know an actual crim.

And he's called Eric??? What's wrong with Bruce?

All these whingeing Aussies - complaining about their ancestors, who either got a free trip out, or paid £10. Now they all pay hundreds of dollars to get back to Blighty and infest the Earls Court Road.

Gees.......I wonder whos got the chip on the shoulder.......sounds more like sour grapes to me........hahahahha.......and we have plenty of them by the way, but they aint so sour, they just happen to make the best wine in the world......oh dont get me started........