Night Life Closing Times Poll Of Tv Members

britmaveric

What is your preferable closing time of Entertainment Venues?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Then why do u bother?? :o I've been to Thailand many times Going back soon to pick up my wife, I have never been in a bar over there For the fact that I'm not flying halfway around the world to sit in a bar, I could do that at home.

I understand people that work in the bars it will effect them drastically. but can anything really be done about it?? i mean i saw another thread about sending emails in to the pattaya newspaper but what will that do? :D

The western standard time for closing of bars is 2:00 am. I voted for 2:00 am because by then I'm knackered and ready to go home. Not sure if I would want to live next to a bar with music going until the proprietor decided when to call it a night.

One of Thailand's major industries is tourism and I think they should leave closing times up to the ownership of nightlife venues.

Thailand is a target for sex tourists, maybe early closing is just the start of far more draconian measures.

A war on sex tourism perhaps ?

They have a war on drugs, cracking down very hard on their own people, killing thousands in the process.

I don't think they will be taking too much notice of a group of farang that want to drink all night.

If the girls where not in the bars, would you even bother at all ?

Times are changing!

I don't frequent girlie bars any more, but I'm still young and enjoy a good time out in a decent bar/club a few times a week.

Zoning did seem like a good idea - midnight for non-zoned bars, past 2am for zoned, but it's been done in such an arse-about-face manor (everywhere closing 12-1am) I ended up voting for "whenever".

Wonder when the travel agents will get onto this another other news around Thailand recently and simply advise tourists "don't bother going".

Wonder when the travel agents will get onto this another other news around Thailand recently and simply advise tourists "don't bother going".

Do you think the average male tourist cares what time the bar closes?

Take away the women from the bars, then it will affect tourism to places like Pattaya, until then it will change nothing in the way of tourist figures.

Remember all the warnings of a mass exodus of tourists and expats when the Visa fees where increased?

And what happened? Nothing.

They could close the Bars at 10pm and triple the visa fees, Western men will still flock to Thailand.

Sad but True.

I voted null (blank).

My opinion is:

* In specific nighlife zones there should be no closing time, i.e. 'up to the owner' Zones should include all current entertainment districts as well as tourist areas.

* Outside of these zones, all current operators can stay open as if they were in zones, as long as the building is a permanent, closed structure. However they can not expand their venue, and when they sell their venue it reverts to non-zone times. Also they will be required to turn down the music to such a level that it's inaudible outside the venue after midnight or 1 am.

* Normal non-zone closing time is midnight or 1 am. You will appreciate this when someone decided to open a Karaoke shop right next to your house in a residential area!

Cheers,

Chanchao

* Normal non-zone closing time is midnight or 1 am.  You will appreciate this when someone decided to open a Karaoke shop right next to your house in a residential area!

Cheers,

Chanchao

You hit the naill on the head Chanchao. I used to live close to a few of those places. Since I'd no desire to spend time in prison or have my arse kicked by 20 drunks, it was keep my mouth shut until new digs were in place. I would rather it have not been that way though.

I voted for when the owner wants. BUT there is the issue of noise pollution. So it should be "when the owner wants" within the delegated zones.

Decibel regulations wouldn't work, as noise carries differently under different circumstances i.e. a busy place will absorb sound, climate etc. Besides nobody would stick to it. It turns into 'beat the Joneses' with the volume slide.

Exactly chanchao- I think if you do what most establishments do- say cut the music off at 2AM there shouldnt be a problem staying open until they feel like closing. I'd like the discos to be open say 4AM, say Fri/Sat nite ect.

There is a happy medium- the old cliche if its not broken don't fix it.

Then why do u bother?? unsure.gif I've been to Thailand many times Going back soon to pick up my wife, I have never been in a bar over there For the fact that I'm not flying halfway around the world to sit in a bar, I could do that at home.

Iamaic - well you are talking night live correct? So when you visit Thailand what do you do at night? After day out/about- I go eat dinner and then hit the bars with my gf/mates. I think this is the standard, and I dare say like most British- part of main stay is pub life. I think you should check out the nightlife scene on your next visit- and you'll see alot of the economy is based on it.

Yes- Thai govt doesnt listen to Farrang in general, but they do listen to lost revenues. So if you hit them in the pocketbook then yes you can affect change.

So the hoardes of sex tourists will be giving Pattaya a  miss this year cos the bars will close at  1 AM ?

Yea right...................

Maybe some but I suppose that depends on your shagging mode.

Although no sex tourist I enjoy a good fvk and the better it is the more awake I get. So if my shagging mode is set to 11pm it is very well possible I would like to go out for a couple of beers at 1am. To find the bars closed at that time would be a disappointment, sort of.

Most tourists do not come to Thailand for wild sex and drunken orgies, so i doubt if it will affect tourist numbers at all if all the bars were closed for good.

Most people i know come to Pattaya to see the lovely sea side and visit two tier priced tourist attractions.

italy/austrian closing times: no strict rules. and it works. ppl (both tourist and local ppl seem to enjoy to party as long as possible)

noise pollution: agree, could be a problem (and definitely not only by means of loud music).

nevertheless, me, voted for 4 am.

if thai gvt continues with early closing time restrictions even non-sex-tourists will realise (sooner or later) that they are not welcome any more. and their money is not welcome as well. see above for further explanation.

as a tourist, i'd rather prefer traveling to places where i can spend whatever amount i want to whenever i like to.

thailand isn't that place anymore.

I cant believe that people actualy are making poles on this forum about this topic, very very sad indeed.

Why is that so sad? It's a big issue. You go on holiday you want to know how things are. Is that sad??

You live in Thailand, you want to know when the bars are closing. Just the same as you want to know how much a beer is, a hotel is, a taxi is, a massage is, a car is, a bottle of sun tan lotion is, a pack of cigs is......etc...etc.

Stop being a DISCO DANCER............ :o

I voted null (blank).

My opinion is:

* In specific nighlife zones there should be no closing time, i.e. 'up to the owner'  Zones should include all current entertainment districts as well as tourist areas.

* Outside of these zones, all current operators can stay open as if they were in zones, as long as the building is a permanent, closed structure. However they can not expand their venue, and when they sell their venue it reverts to non-zone times.  Also they will be required to turn down the music to such a level that it's inaudible outside the venue after midnight or 1 am.

* Normal non-zone closing time is midnight or 1 am.  You will appreciate this when someone decided to open a Karaoke shop right next to your house in a residential area!

Cheers,

Chanchao

hi ...

glad to see some sensible comments and not government bashing for a change.

i guess 1 am is long enough - still plenty to do after that and zoning is a good idea and the only sensible way forward..

amarka :o

Is Nightlife the only "Thing" to do in Thailand, Don't any of you guys have lives other then worrying about what happens to the Nightlife.

This thread is pretty redundant dry.gif

IamMaic- yes lots to do in Thailand, but you still haven't answered the question what do you do after the sun goes down? I think you will have a better view if you actually go out for your first time and experience Nightlife in Thailand. (recall you mentioned that you've never experienced nightlife in Thailand) Obviously you are not a drinker and you are not a big fan of this social scene- however many of us are.

OK- let's try to relate this so you understand, say the Yank govt told all the club/bar owners you suddenly have to close at 10PM? Basically you are limiting business and bottom line the economy.

hi...

i really enjoy the nightlife in thailand - sure its not all about nightlife - but night accounts for about 1/3 of each day does it not .. and one third we are sleeping?

so as well as plenty of other things i think that nightlife is important and this thread is simply for people to express their opinions..

and if you don't have an opinion... then no need to answer

amarka :o

I cant believe that people actualy are making poles on this forum about this topic, very very sad indeed.

Why is that so sad? It's a big issue. You go on holiday you want to know how things are. Is that sad??

You live in Thailand, you want to know when the bars are closing. Just the same as you want to know how much a beer is, a hotel is, a taxi is, a massage is, a car is, a bottle of sun tan lotion is, a pack of cigs is......etc...etc.

Stop being a DISCO DANCER............ :D

Well this is how it has always been for me here in Bangkok, i know i can go out at anytime of the day or night and buy booze, play pool, play snooker etc this change in time seems mostly effecting girly bars etc, still plenty places to go for a drink at anytime of night like i said, if you know where to go.

P.S. off topic but im a little Geordie lad too. :o