Help Needed...

FRM-BKK

Dear Experts,

I am in trouble.........

Despite having an up to date Norton 360 installed and active on my compter (Sony Vaio VGN-FS 115 Z), for some reason I now have - iexplore.exe - and - winspyware protect - on my computer. Winspyware keeps popping up saying that I have malicious spyware on my computer and that I should buy a subscription to remove the spy/mal ware.

Of course I understand that that is fake.

This whole mess has also caused for my wireless internet connection to fail and disappear. I have lost the 'wireless network'-tab in the 'network connection'. In the task bar I have a red cross through the monitor. I cannot connect to the internet via an ethernet-cable either.

I have run Norton several times to try and remove spy/mal ware, but Norton does not pick it up, also, as I can no longer go online, I cannot download any updates or possible removal programmes.

Other programmes e.g. Office and Exel have become very unstable since this has happened.

My technical computer knowledge is too limited to start messing around with this machine. I don't want to cause further damage. I still have a second computer which confirms that my wireless (True) is still working as before.

I am really looking for a trustworthy individual or a company who can remove the spy/mal ware and repair my internet connection.

Can any of you point me in the right direction for a repair / sort out, at a reliable outlet/individual without being ripped off, or without ending up at some cowboy outfit?

Your help and/or assistance would be very much appreciated.

I live in central Bangkok, Yannawa to be precise.

Thank you........

FRM_UK now Bangkok

Hey there before you need to take it to somebody try downloading curelt at http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/ it has worked very well for others in the past, no need to install just run the exe file but run it in safe mode and to do that press F5 or F8 as its starting up and select safe mode..you might have good results with it..good luck

Bangkok 2008,

Thank you for your quick reply.

My problem is that I cannot hook up to the internet with the infected computer, both my wireless and my ethernet will not establish a connection. I am writing this reply on another machine.

Or am I missing something here, can I hook up to the internet in 'safe-mode'?

Or can I get this programme via another computer, put on disc and run on the infected computer?

I am no good with the technical side of computers I'm afraid.

Perhaps you can clarify?

Thank you again,

Kind regards,

FRM-UK now Bangkok

Edited by FRM-UK

Its a 10mb download..you can try safe mode with networking(one of the options) and maybe you can connect to net that way or download on another PC and burn onto CD..do you have you machines networked up??If so i hope you have unplugged it to stop spreading..