Usb Malfuntioning Vista/2008

2008bangkok

Hi i have been having USB malfuntioning errors with Vista then after 2008, its not only my laptop but also a couple of co-workers post and pre SP1, i know its a Vista problem and was wondering if anybody has the same problem but more importantly found a fix as iv searched and searched and found zilch

Guest Reimar
Hi i have been having USB malfuntioning errors with Vista then after 2008, its not only my laptop but also a couple of co-workers post and pre SP1, i know its a Vista problem and was wondering if anybody has the same problem but more importantly found a fix as iv searched and searched and found zilch

Just uninstal the USB driver via the Device Manager and restart the computer and the USB driver will be reinstalled automatically.

Cheers.

Just uninstal the USB driver via the Device Manager and restart the computer and the USB driver will be reinstalled automatically.

Cheers.

Yeah tried that it doenst work..this happened on 2 installs of Vista and one of windows 2008 enterprise

Guest Reimar

Cheers.

Yeah tried that it doenst work..this happened on 2 installs of Vista and one of windows 2008 enterprise

What error message you get?

May you need to update the Bios of the computers in question?!

Cheers.

Im getting without being exact 'the hardware you plugged in has malfuctioned please try re -inserting or if this fails then plug it into another port' with every piece of hardware...i dont think i can update my bios iv got one of those locked down the bios lcompaq laptops!