Western Union Of Moneygram

2008bangkok

I suggest you check out both websites (Western Union and Moneygram) and see if you can do a comparison.

Edit: Okay, I did it myself. I don't have the windows open anymore, but I did calculations for 20,000 Thai baht sending from U.S. to Thailand.

As far as I remember, Western Union would cost around $690-something including fee. Moneygram is suprisingly considerably cheaper. The same amount for MoneyGram was only about $630. That's a big difference of around $60. Perhaps MoneyGram will be the choice in the future. Their fee was a lot less than the Western Union fee and they had a better exchange rate. But always before sending, check the prices on both sites as it could always change or could be different for different amounts.

Edited by Jimjim

This is third-party information, as I have never used Moneygram myself. It is my understanding that Moneygram takes 2 - 3 days, while Western Union is virtually instantaneous (providing of course that the recipient's local Western Union office is open, and he knows that the money has been sent).

This may be Western Union's justification for charging higher fees and exchange rates.

This is third-party information, as I have never used Moneygram myself. It is my understanding that Moneygram takes 2 - 3 days, while Western Union is virtually instantaneous (providing of course that the recipient's local Western Union office is open, and he knows that the money has been sent).

This may be Western Union's justification for charging higher fees and exchange rates.

Nope, they have same day and 3-5 day service. Of course, the latter has a lower fee because it takes longer. Western Union has the same options. Moneygram is still cheaper either way.

where r u sending funds from? If UK consider getting a flex account from nationwide as overseas withdrawals are free & as it is only a saving account there is no risk of overdraft.

We got one & posted the card to my husbands mum. When he sends money from his own NW account she can have it within a minute of him transferring the money.

just tried money gram

pick up at siam commercial bank

pain in the ass

people in the bank stalled, baulked and made excuses.

i bet they were going to pocket the money and say it got lost

saving nothing in the end

stress and phone calls

I'll stick with the other bunch

When picking up money with Western Union it always takes longer than expected for me. That what you mean by stalling? It's just up to the staff of where you go. Just go to a different place next time. Hardly can blame it on MoneyGram.

Well

firstly the shop here wanted another form of id other than a nationally recognized drivers license with photo

the receiving bank said

"the number is wrong"

then

"there is a computer problem"

then

"the money hasn't arrived"

then

it all miraculously got fixed as the recipient would not leave without it, after my phone call!

if money gram can't make sure its agents are competent then i wont use them

and i'm not a fan of wu but never had this problem.

Well

firstly the shop here wanted another form of id other than a nationally recognized drivers license with photo

the receiving bank said

"the number is wrong"

then

"there is a computer problem"

then

"the money hasn't arrived"

then

it all miraculously got fixed as the recipient would not leave without it, after my phone call!

if money gram can't make sure its agents are competent then i wont use them

and i'm not a fan of wu but never had this problem.

the recipient. thats rich.