Truffle.

Doro22

Hi,

This one is for Gerd or someone else that knows his/hers food. I would like to know if there is an importer of fresh truffle, either French or Italian. I believe the season is October/November (please correct me if I am wrong).

Thanks.

Hi,

This one is for Gerd or someone else that knows his/hers food. I would like to know if there is an importer of fresh truffle, either French or Italian. I believe the season is October/November (please correct me if I am wrong).

Thanks.

where are you living, Bangkok?

if so, you can find truffles in the Emporium, these are the bottled type though, but are very good. or try Food Glorious Food. I cannot remember which Soi it is on but someone here can tell you. I reckon you will not be able to find fresh truffles here though.

and by the way, Gert thinks he knows his food, he cooks for an airline... not far off hospital food :D:o

Hi,

Thanks.

where are you living, Bangkok?

if so, you can find truffles in the Emporium, these are the bottled type though, but are very good. or try Food Glorious Food. I cannot remember which Soi it is on but someone here can tell you. I reckon you will not be able to find fresh truffles here though.

and by the way, Gert thinks he knows his food, he cooks for an airline... not far off hospital food :D:o

Will check with Food Glorious Food (on Suk Soi 71, if I m not totally wrong). Thanks for the Emporium tip, but in this case I need fresh truffle.

Appreciate your help.

Hi,

yes, the season is in Autumn - call Detlef at Colibrie (Koh Samui) he is our rep there and I know he gets/imports them for some of the 5 star Hotels there,

won't be cheap :o but worth it ... hmmm truffles .... :D

John

Hi,

yes, the season is in Autumn - call Detlef at Colibrie (Koh Samui) he is our rep there and I know he gets/imports them for some of the 5 star Hotels there,

won't be cheap :o but worth it ... hmmm truffles .... :D

John

Thanks John,

Will try this option. I am on the road at the moment. Will visit your Bistro when back in Bangkok. Menu looks great and fairly priced.