Quality Developments

I understand there are around five reputable developers in Bangkok, with regard to apartment construction, and Land and Home are one of them. Can anyone advise me about the others? I want to buy a good quality apartment in Bangkok, and would like to deal with a reputable company, in terms of construction and management.

Some of the one's I know about are: Land & Houses, Goldenland, San Siri, Preuska, Raymond Land (farang company), Major...there are others...

The main thing is that you want to go with a well financed reputable developer to lessen the chances of them going 'belly-up' during the construction process, particularly in light of the increased cost of construction due to oil price escalation.

Here is a recent article with some references to local developers:

Some of the one's I know about are: Land & Houses, Goldenland, San Siri, Preuska, Raymond Land (farang company), Major...there are others...

The main thing is that you want to go with a well financed reputable developer to lessen the chances of them going 'belly-up' during the construction process, particularly in light of the increased cost of construction due to oil price escalation.

Here is a recent article with some references to local developers:

Thanks for the reply. I'm currently renting in Sukhumvit Suites, soi 13, which is reasonable, but I want to buy a better quality 2-bed condominium, so I'll look into these companies

• 3 weeks later...

Personal preference is Major Development.

Fullerton and Hampton are the only buildings that i have walked into in Thailand and not been able to pick a fault with.

Also, there is a building on Suk soi 38 called Silver Heritage that i also cannot pick fault with, other than the swimming pool is badly designed, but i dont know who the developer of that one is.

• 1 month later...
Personal preference is Major Development.

Fullerton and Hampton are the only buildings that i have walked into in Thailand and not been able to pick a fault with.

Also, there is a building on Suk soi 38 called Silver Heritage that i also cannot pick fault with, other than the swimming pool is badly designed, but i dont know who the developer of that one is.

Look closer and talk to owners. After sales service needs attention, as do the cracks in the walls, the pool problems, and some smell problems. Major are OK, but don't expect what you dreamed of, be prepared for less.

Note that "Raymond Land" should be "Raimon Land"

Aren't Raimon Land currently having money problems?

Don't forget about the new Escrow Laws to protect your payments if you're buying off plan. Any 'reputable' developer should be happy to set up an account.

Raimon Land sales people claim to have no knowledge of the Escrow Law.

Note that "Raymond Land" should be "Raimon Land"

Aren't Raimon Land currently having money problems?

Don't forget about the new Escrow Laws to protect your payments if you're buying off plan. Any 'reputable' developer should be happy to set up an account.

Raimon Land sales people claim to have no knowledge of the Escrow Law.

Raimon Land having money problems hmmm no, not unless you are suggesting the Dubai and Kuwati Governments are short on dough.

Also, my understanding (don't quote me) is that they use CBRE sales girls at there show units.

Thought I read something on here where they'd issued share capital to try and raise money and it was heavily UNDER-subscribed and required someone to bail then out?

Or am I confusing them with another developer?

Is that the same CBRE that are involved in The Sails and The Chateau in Pattaya?