Blacklist

derk

Hi Thai Visa People,

Is it difficult to find out if someone is on the Blacklist? If someone can get a visa from their local Thai Embassy does that mean that they weren't on the Blacklist at the time the visa was issued?

Thanks,

Derk

Edited by derk

Hi Thai Visa People,

Is it difficult to find out if someone is on the Blacklist? If someone can get a visa from their local Thai Embassy does that mean that they weren't on the Blacklist at the time the visa was issued?

Thanks,

Derk

I suggest that you provide us with more information.

Edited by ClaytonSeymour

Hi Thai Visa People,

Thanks,

Derk

Maybe they are luring you back so they can pounce at immigration.

Black list? There is a registry for immigration of people barred from entry, and there is one for those that have been found guilty of immigration offenses such as overstays. The databases are usually not in real time or updated so screening at the port of entry is hit and miss.

Technically, sex offenders are not supposed to be allowed entry. However, that requires a current database and compatability of info transfer. I think the results of foreign offenders turning up in Thailand speak for themselves.

Alright... Any insightful thoughts?

Has "someone" been arrested and deported, if so you would be on the immigration blacklist database. Without a change of name and passport I would imagine that "someone" would be denied a visa should the embassy check 'foresaid database. Failing that and a visa issued "someone" would most likely be denied entry upon arrival.

If you mean arrested and deported for overstay, than that person will be denied entry for a period of time. It depends on how long the overstay was. But it isn't forever. Best email immigration and ask, so that person doesn't spend money on a plane ticket for nothing.

If you mean arrested and deported for overstay, than that person will be denied entry for a period of time. It depends on how long the overstay was. But it isn't forever. Best email immigration and ask, so that person doesn't spend money on a plane ticket for nothing.

The restriction on entry lasts for a minimum of decades as a rule.

Just thinking out loud. Has anybody here legally changed their name? And if you have, did you then get a new US Driver's license or Passport? Since as I recall, I sent in a birth certificate when getting my passport. But I guess they must use the new legal name for a new passport. Do they keep the old passport number for tracability purposes? I notice my passport number roughly corresponds to parts of my social security number. I remember vaguely that the US social security number convention codes what state one was born in and probably the county or city also, so there are a finite number of vallid numbers possible.

So in summary, if a name change, what does new passport contain? new number? new name? Any traceability to old name?

Just thinking out loud. Has anybody here legally changed their name? And if you have, did you then get a new US Driver's license or Passport? Since as I recall, I sent in a birth certificate when getting my passport. But I guess they must use the new legal name for a new passport. Do they keep the old passport number for tracability purposes? I notice my passport number roughly corresponds to parts of my social security number. I remember vaguely that the US social security number convention codes what state one was born in and probably the county or city also, so there are a finite number of vallid numbers possible.

So in summary, if a name change, what does new passport contain? new number? new name? Any traceability to old name?

I know of someone who is prominent on other boards and with a known business in Bangkok who has changed his name and returned.

I do not know what his offence was but i suspect it was not criminal but tax (I know its criminal too)

I found this out at Samui Regatta 4 years ago when discussing the same guy with an editor of one of the farang listings magazines and we realised it was the same guy - he seems to be back in and up and running with a name change - even uses his new name prominently in his business Brand!