Experiences Language Schools In Phuket

Manda

I am searching for a language school in Phuket to learn Thai (speaking, reading and writing).

I have allready taken a peek but I couldn't find a lot of information on this forum.

The Patong Language School keeps popping up everywhere on the web but is it actually a good school?

Does Anyone have good (or bad) experiences with this school and maybe other schools?

I am searching for a language school in Phuket to learn Thai (speaking, reading and writing).

I have allready taken a peek but I couldn't find a lot of information on this forum.

The Patong Language School keeps popping up everywhere on the web but is it actually a good school?

Does Anyone have good (or bad) experiences with this school and maybe other schools?

Not really sure where you live on the Island, but TTT in Chalong is marvelous. I have taken the beginner and advanced course with Alex. He is from Bangkok, and speaks beautiful Thai, and he is a wonderful and patient teacher. TTT is located near the Chalong Nightmare Circle. Take the Chalong Pier Exit and the school is 200+/- meters down on the left.

Chok Dee Krap

todd

Prince Songkla University in Katu offers a 1 year course of accelerated Thai. You basically eat, sleep and s...t Thai for a year. Very good course, from the feedback I got.

"You basically eat, sleep and s...t Thai for a year"

so the toilet is a hole in the floor or are you required to stand on the seat of an American Standard?

Prince Songkla University in Katu offers a 1 year course of accelerated Thai. You basically eat, sleep and s...t Thai for a year. Very good course, from the feedback I got.

How long ago was it that you heard this feedback? I could well be wrong but was told some time ago by the campus staff that this course had been deleted from their programme years ago. Maybe it's been reintroduced?

Mak

I went to Patong language school in 2005 for the beginner and intermediate courses. I found them pretty good. I'd already been in Thailand for several years, and really enrolled to take my mind off the the Tsunami and grief. I knew most of the beginner stuff but still learned that i had been speaking incorrectly in a lot of ways. The intermediate course was good. I keep meaning to go for the advanced course to learn to read and write but just don't have the time. With discount i think it was B5000 for 20 hours, 1 hour a day mon to fri for 1 month. Hope this helps.

My teacher was Tin. She was very good.

:o

MiniVDO: Vox Pop with Phuket tourists & residents on using Thai language

http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/prev...php?news_id=396

We have a Vox Pop asking a few tourists and residents in Phuket how much Thai language they have learnt here. This is just for fun, not a serious lesson or test, but let’s see how they get on: .........

Vox Pop for Andaman News NBT (VHF dial) + maybe FM90.5 Radio Thailand at 8.30am & perhaps relays/repeats on local Cable TV channel 1, broadcast to Phang Nga, Krabi & Phuket provinces, & possibly FM108 Mazz Radio 7.30pm in Phuket, Friday 11 July 2008 & http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/ Contact [email protected]

How can they not teach tones when Thai is a tonal language? Well... it was a couple of years ago so maybe now it's better?

But I am happy you mentioned this Taiman because it's a good question when informing at a school about the teaching programm, would have never thought about i! Thanks! :o