Circulon Pans In Chiang Mai?

jaideeguy

Circulon anodized frying pans [and other circulon products] are manufactured in Thailand for sale all over the world, so it shouldn't be too hard to find them.....but I can't. Does anyone know of a shop that sells the Circulon brand up here in CM, or do I have to order one from the US and have it returned to it's place of birth??

Circulon anodized frying pans [and other circulon products] are manufactured in Thailand for sale all over the world, so it shouldn't be too hard to find them.....but I can't. Does anyone know of a shop that sells the Circulon brand up here in CM, or do I have to order one from the US and have it returned to it's place of birth??

Index near Carrefore

Some months back Rimping near Narawat bridge had Circulon sets for sale at a wickedly western price, not sure if they still offer them. Not in the hardware aisle but in the "premium" housewares area to the left of the check out, by the wine, as you are pushing your trolley out.

JxP

I saw Circulon cookware in Central KSK about a year ago- for a very high price.

I have some Meyer and a few other pieces from Carrefour made in China (thick anodized aluminum, teflon, glass covers, good handles, and some SS as well).

I also saw some pretty decent boxes of cookware sets at Carrefour- check them out, and good luck.

PS In the US I had a huge cookware set from Costco- Kirkland brand- that hands down blew away Circulon....absolutely bullet proof stuff, beautiful finish, cast SS handles, etc. Paid 99 USD for a set that would do a professional chef proud (including huge stockpots, small saute pans, etc.). Don't be stuck on brand names is my advice- heft the pots, check out the finish, handles, etc. If they're good, they're good....doesn't matter what the label says.

Most of the locally available non stick pans with the 'teflon' or newer generation coated pans are good for a year at most, with decent care that my wife doesn't give. I do have a caphalon pan that has been with me for over a decade and still slips the eggs off and can use metal spatulas and clean with stainless scouring pads.

I settled on circulon because they have the same anodized finish over aluminum and found good ratings when compared with other 'preimum' brands.

Also found out that most of the pans, high end [circulon]and low end [Meyers] and other brand names are made in Thailand in the Meyer's factory.

Checked the costco website and didn't find the Kirkland brand, but they were probably made here as well.