Help - Looking For A Private Thai Chef & Babysitter

I have a rental villa and am seeking a Thai cook who would be willing to come to the villa and cook for the guests. The job is purely on a 'as and when' basis i.e. when the guests have requested a cook for an evening in advance or has requested a cook daily for the duration of their holiday. I am also looking for a babysitter under the same conditions.

My villa is in the Maenam area - can anyone point me in the right direction or is interested themselves?? Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...
I have a rental villa and am seeking a Thai cook who would be willing to come to the villa and cook for the guests. The job is purely on a 'as and when' basis i.e. when the guests have requested a cook for an evening in advance or has requested a cook daily for the duration of their holiday. I am also looking for a babysitter under the same conditions.

My villa is in the Maenam area - can anyone point me in the right direction or is interested themselves?? Any help would be appreciated.

hello,

i am 28 years old hungarian woman (speak english) and we are living in Maenam area. If you need babysitter, I am available. let me know details.

hello,

i am 28 years old hungarian woman (speak english) and we are living in Maenam area. If you need babysitter, I am available. let me know details.

Thank you for your reply. At present I specifically require a babysitter for 23rd & 27th December - starting 7pm onwards. If you are available, please let me know and we can take it from there.

Thank you for your reply. At present I specifically require a babysitter for 23rd & 27th December - starting 7pm onwards. If you are available, please let me know and we can take it from there.

2008 or 2009 or 2010?

Since we are in 2008 it is strongly assumed that it is for this year. Who would book a babysitter 1 1/2 years (or longer) in advance !!! Actually kind of no-brainer .

Since we are in 2008 it is strongly assumed that it is for this year. Who would book a babysitter 1 1/2 years (or longer) in advance !!! Actually kind of no-brainer .

Relax. it was sarcastic. Why? Because finding a babysitter on Samui should be easy at any time even without a forum. It is not that kind of job you have to look for 4 months in advance...

• 3 weeks later...

hello,

hello!

Will be in Samui Dec 7th-13th, 2008.

We are staying at a private villa and am also desperately looking for a babysitter for my 10 month old daughter.

Need someone for the entire duration, i.e., 24 hours.

Any advice?

get a girlfriend. there are plenty of singles around looking to fill the position, however it might cost you more in the long run.

• 4 weeks later...

hello!

Will be in Samui Dec 7th-13th, 2008.

We are staying at a private villa and am also desperately looking for a babysitter for my 10 month old daughter.

Need someone for the entire duration, i.e., 24 hours.

Any advice?

[/quote

Do u still need a babysitter ? If so,i badly need this job. I am 37,Thai,single who live in Thailand now. I love to care child,can do all kind of housework. I got a Thai cookery cetificate. I am a good driver too. Looking forward to hearing from u soon : )

from reading this as well as other posts. it seems it will be a good idea to open up a baby sitter and nanny agency.

I am sure many villa owners as well as villa customers will find this very helpful and will be willing to pay a little extra for an English speaking nanny.

any one interested?? :o

from reading this as well as other posts. it seems it will be a good idea to open up a baby sitter and nanny agency.

I am sure many villa owners as well as villa customers will find this very helpful and will be willing to pay a little extra for an English speaking nanny.

That's a great idea. If I were on vacation with an infant I wouldn't trust just anybody to look after her/him. Not in today's world and in a place that is a magnet for pedophiles. Better to get a nanny from an established agency than the Internet (not that it guarantees anything). No offense intended to those here looking for babysitting work.

Would people be required to read Thai? :D

Edited by koheesti

It´s a way better idea than to look on internet for a nanny. A nanny house could have not only Englichspeaking nannys. There is alot of different nationalyties on this island, older retired people that maybe would like some hours / week to make some extra money and meet people. If i could leave my boy to a old Swedich lady for a few hours per week i start already today!

Go ahead H. Do it.