Toyota Service Center

Does anyone know where I can get the phone number for the offical Toyota Service Center here?

Also, my car is broken down in a jungle somewhere. Does anyone know if they will come to me or am I going to have to get it towed?

Toyota Suratthanee Toyota s Dealer Co., Ltd.

Address: 205/8 Moo 1

Sub-District: Taling Ngam

District: Ko Samui

Province: Surat Thani

Sales & Service: (077) 415600-1

Call Center:

Fax: (077) 415602

...are you in your car in the jungle somewhere? :o

• 2 years later...

Today was my third experience of Toyota Samui, and after today I have sworn never to go back.

I have visited three other Thai Toyota dealerships and been treated very well - no complaints necessary.

On my first visit (for a brake malfunction) my car was returned to me after a 3,000 baht bill with the same malfunction. Two hours later they managed to correct it.

On my second visit, (for a service, and to fix an interior light switch and order and aerial), having called me to tell me the car was fixed, on arrival I was rudely informed that as my friend had ordered new parts I would have to wait, and that of course the car could not be ready so quickly. What parts ? You just called me ! What friend even ?

It turned out that there was identical car, but it took them THREE hours to admit the problem. Even then they couldn't apologise. I left the dealership without the light being fixed, nor the aerial AND with them having lost all details of my car on their computer system AND given me the wrong key.

Why go back a third time you ask ? Because there are no other dealers on Samui, and I have two young kids.

So - last week I ordered a new number plate holder, a new switch for the light, and a new interior box. Today I arrive to pick it up, pay 5400 baht, go to the car and NOTHING has been done bar the service, and this after having waited a whole week.

No worry I thought, I can't be bothered to argue, from now on I will go to a non-Toyota garage and get them to sort it out. Toyota obviously have no interest in helping me. But then I get in the car and it won't even move. The tyres are stuck under the wheel arches. Oh I'm told, we change the wheels around and suspension setting at 140,000 kms. How did they even move the car to the forecourt ? How do they expect anyone to drive it away ?

After a lecture in how we need to pay a deposit to order parts (it helps if they tell us this as we order them), and another hour to unstick the wheels I am happy to report that another garage will sort it out for half the cost and zero hassle.

Toyota Samui - I hope I never cross paths ever again.

One little aside from all this - the new ladyboy member of staff is the same one who shortchanged me 500 baht when she worked at Tesco ! That took an hour of counting the whole till out until I got an apology.

Amazing Thailand still continues to amaze.