Looking For Montessori Schools In Thailand

I'm not aware of any Montessouri schools in Thailand but that's not to say they don't exist, albeit "unofficially". A friend of mine back in the UK is a Montessouri-trained teacher and took time out to start a family. She's now back in the job market and commented at how many schools adopt much of the Montessouri philosophy but aren't "registered" as Montessouri schools. You may get lucky and find that to be the case in Thailand.

Otherwise, you're looking at Australia, USA or back in Europe for such a school.

Good luck in your search.

Could someone tell me if Khon Ken or chaing mai or BKK or pattaya.... have a Montessori School?

Actually, anywhere in Thailand.

Thanks very much

todd

chaingrai as a montessori school

Can confirm there is a Christian Montessori school in central BKK. I believe there are also others in the greater BKK area, but can't confirm that. As stated before, a quick google search should help get you started.

As "Montessori" is a term that is used rather freely, both here and abroad, it would be a good idea to research the school well to see where the teachers were trained and just how Montessori the school really is in its educational philosophy and implementation (if you are particular about some/all aspects of the Montessori approach, that is).

My 4 year old son attends a Montessori pre-school that has several Montessori trained teachers (as I understand) however the main language is Thai, which is fine with us as his first language is English and he needs to improve his Thai. They do have English lessons but it is not the focus; we are very happy with the standard of the teaching and the school in general. The pre-school is in the Bang Kae area of Bangkok.

seykota