What's The Best Reasonable Hotel Near Skytrain With Parking

Thaiphile

I hate driving in Bangkok and I am therefore always looking for a reasonable,clean hotel with parking on the east side of Bangkok (I am travelling from Sattahip) easily accessible by road and close to the skytrain. Any recommendations?

Thanks for help or any other ideas to make my infrequent trips to Bangkok easier

I hate driving in Bangkok and I am therefore always looking for a reasonable,clean hotel with parking on the east side of Bangkok (I am travelling from Sattahip) easily accessible by road and close to the skytrain. Any recommendations?

Thanks for help or any other ideas to make my infrequent trips to Bangkok easier

Are you also looking to stay at the hotel?

and for what type of Budget?

The Ascott Hotel on Sathorn is near the BTS.

Are you also looking to stay at the hotel?

and for what type of Budget?

The Ascott Hotel on Sathorn is near the BTS.

Yes - sometimes to stay at the hotel or maybe sometimes just looking for convenient parking and the travel by skytrain in and out of Bangkok. No particular budget - I just don't like overpaying.

Try

the BEDROOM - Onut 77 - sharing the fence with Carefour. it is a small business hotel w/ free wireless internet access - nice & cute place.

w/ ample parking- free bkst, 10 mins walk to BTS-Onut station with street market - mostly snacks along the way.

Edited by teacup

Try

the BEDROOM - Onut 77 - sharing the fence with Carefour. it is a small business hotel w/ free wireless internet access - nice & cute place.

w/ ample parking- free bkst, 10 mins walk to BTS-Onut station with street market - mostly snacks along the way.

You must walk very slowly teacup it only takes me about 5 minutes from there and another 5 minutes down to Lumpini Ville 77, Ill wave as I "race" by :o

Hey....don't blame me, blame the sellers of those snacks instead, they always got in my way :o

Thanks Guys - sounds ideal. Any idea on cost?

Try this link http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/bangkok/...s_boutique.html photos and all you need to know. Monthly prices are much cheaper depends how long you need to stay. If you want to stay for several months its an expensive option but for a few days its fine. I own four condos near here if you are looking for 4-5 months or more let me know by PM

I've stayed at The Bedrooms adjoining Carefour at Onnut before...and it's a very nice small hotel... very friendly helpful staff, nice rooms, Internet available...simple buffet breakfast... All good there at a reasonable rate.

Having said that... Onnut is at the FAR end of the BTS Skytrain Sukhumvit line. There are a lot of other comparable hotels at comparable prices that are closer into the center of town. It really depends on where you want to stay, and where you'll be spending your time while in BKK.

I didn't pick The Bedrooms for the price.... But I did pick it at the time because I was condo shopping in the area. In the end, I opted for a place closer to the center of town... because BTS only runs until midnight, and I didn't want to be taking taxis between the center of town and Onnut every time I would be coming home late.

I often stay at the City lodge (downmarket Amari) on Soi 19. It has recently been upgraded and the rooms are nice and clean. It is 1 minute from the sky train and 2 minutes from the underground. It sometimes takes a while to get through the traffic on the toll road depending on the time of day. However once you are there it is a great location.

• 1 year later...
Try some hotels on Rajadapisek, they're easy to get to and from using Rama X road that connects in from the tollway from Chonburi.

We are a senior couple, healthy and fit and want to stay somewhere near the tourist areas. ie. temples not bars and sex. :D We like street food instead of restaurants. Some place mid market. I have done a lot of searches but really don't know the streets and areas. I have kinda homed in on "Be my Guest" and "phranakorn Nornien" and "Ninos Bancok". However not certain if these are in the right locations. :) Ted

I think it's abit cheaper if you go thru asiarooms.com, except you will get the booking confirmation in about 2 days

... and you will lose all or most of your money on a short stay if you change your plans. Not knocking Asia Rooms - I use them a lot myself - but be very sure you are going to stick with the booking. Hotel websites are sometimes as cheap as Asia Rooms (but fair to say often substantially dearer, particularly for the higher end hotels) and no need to pay money up front on many.

Not my favorite hotel, but Asia Hotel has its own skybridge to the BTS station at Rathjathevi. Its closeby to Panthip IT center and actually walking distance to MBK and the Siam Center/Paragon, etc. You should be able to get a reasonable price off agoda.com .

There is also an MRT subway stop at Samyan station closeby as well, which has a couple older hotels fairly closeby at the intersection of Rama IV, but don't know their names offhand.

Not my favorite hotel, but Asia Hotel has its own skybridge to the BTS station at Rathjathevi. Its closeby to Panthip IT center and actually walking distance to MBK and the Siam Center/Paragon, etc. You should be able to get a reasonable price off agoda.com .

There is also an MRT subway stop at Samyan station closeby as well, which has a couple older hotels fairly closeby at the intersection of Rama IV, but don't know their names offhand.

Just wanted to add that the Sasha Uno Hotel at Sukhumvit 19 is closeby to the BTS at Asoke and the MRT subway station. Agoda has them priced about 1700 baht.

On the basic side, the Florida Hotel is next to the Phyathai BTS station.