Tot Adsl Down In Phuket Since 2008-07-25

rundmw

My TOT ADSL in Patong, Phuket has been down since Fri 2008-07-25, spotty on Thu night 2008-07-24.

My local internet cafe and another business here in Patong report the same thing.

Calls to TOT on Fri from my friend's business and from me got the same answer: they are aware of the problem, some issue at a center in Haad Yai, no idea what the problem is, no idea when the service will be restored. Another call just now (Mon 2008-07-28) got the same results.

Strangely, a friend here in Phuket Town reports that his TOT ADSL has been fine the entire time.

Anyone else having the same problem? Anyone else got any better information?

Thanks and best regards.

Edited by rundmw

Another internet cafe I visited in the Nanai Road area - in search of somewhere to plug in and get some work done - reports the same thing.

There sure seems to be something going on...

...same problem here in ChaoFa Rd. (east). Last night my TOT connection was totally down! :o

Another internet cafe I visited in the Nanai Road area - in search of somewhere to plug in and get some work done - reports the same thing.

There sure seems to be something going on...

Yeah, TOT sucks, that's what's going on.

Today's update: As of an hour ago, I was still down.

But a friend now reports that his office in Patong started slowly coming back online this morning: able to do an antivirus update, but no FTP or web. Then, a bit later, FTP and web coming on spottily.

Hopefully, this is a sign that he service is all coming back. Fingers crossed...

Please stop all this negative blabber that TOT sucks .... here in the civilized world (Bangkok) my internet connection is more than satisfying. Although must say that the last days the downloads in the daytime are

lower than normal (224kB/s).

I use to have True .... with TOT I have almost no interruptions and very good speed.

My service in Patong, Phuket has now returned (since yesterday afternoon 2008-07-29, approx 16:00) .

My friend's office here in Patong seemed to come back yesterday, but now seems to be out again.

Just adding datapoints. YMMV.

TOT does suck!!! I have goldcyber in Pattaya and can only get 100 kps in speedtest.net LA server. websites take forever to load. so now I try KSC 512 kps and it is so much faster then TOTs 2 MB goldcyber shit