Plastic Kayak

Joy Sports in BKK supplies one shop in Samui and another on Phangan. If you go to the website you can check out what they have. Samui shop on the right hand side of the ring road in Maenam nearly to Nathon.

Phangan in Bantai heading towards Thongsala on the right hand side of the road. Closer to Thongsala then Bantai proper. I think I might even have a business card at home. I'm at the libary right now.

Joy Sports in BKK supplies one shop in Samui and another on Phangan. If you go to the website you can check out what they have. Samui shop on the right hand side of the ring road in Maenam nearly to Nathon.

Phangan in Bantai heading towards Thongsala on the right hand side of the road. Closer to Thongsala then Bantai proper. I think I might even have a business card at home. I'm at the libary right now.

"right hand side of the ring road in Maenam nearly to Nathon" makes absolutely no sense to me. There is, however, a shop that sells new Feelfree kayaks in Baan Bang Makham. Coming from Maenam direction it is on the left hand side before Nathon.

The OP is looking for used kayaks, so to him I would suggest to just walk the beaches until he finds a place with kayaks for rent. Maybe they would be willing to sell one.

"right hand side of the ring road in Maenam nearly to Nathon" makes absolutely no sense to me. There is, however, a shop that sells new Feelfree kayaks in Baan Bang Makham. Coming from Maenam direction it is on the left hand side before Nathon.

The OP is looking for used kayaks, so to him I would suggest to just walk the beaches until he finds a place with kayaks for rent. Maybe they would be willing to sell one.

samui has them for sale in natong. if u were to come out of the ferry go towards manam bophut chaweng.

it is about 3 km from natong in a boat shop on the right hand side on the mail road

That sounds like a good idea. They seem to be pretty common. I think I'll also rent one a few times just to make sure I would actually USE the kayak more than once. It looks like good exercise and that's something I really need.

Wherever you buy a Kajak, make SURE they have rubberrings in ther opening lits. Take a boubleset with you. Somebodylike to loose them and then water gets in a ever heavier getting boat. Lots sinked here on KPG already and is always a new Kajak to buy. :o

There are a lot of places where the kayaks are just laying around unused unless it is super high season. They might want some positive cash flow. Especially a mom or a pop (or their son).

You'll use the kayak if you have it. When the water looks good just jump in and go.

By all means rent first to try it out. Unless the rental place is really very convenient and on the ball it will be a pain to go through that every time you want to go out on the water. It will take a few times of regular kayaking for your muscles to get accustomed to the paddling motion. Once they do, kayaking will be a breeze even in rougher, windier conditions.