Thai Consulate In India?

Anyone able to advise on whether there's a Thai Consulate near Bangalore, or Mysore in India?

If so, are they likely to issue a multi-entry non-immigrant O visa valid for 12 months to someone on a UK passport (though this would not be supported by a marraige certificate, it would be guaranteed by a friend). :o

Sorry but I don't know a lot about the ins & outs of visa applications. I'm told that multi-entry non-im. valid for 12 months is the best one for a lengthy stay BUT will I only succeed in getting one if i am resident in the country i'm applying through?

Many thanks, in advance.

Anyone able to advise on whether there's a Thai Consulate near Bangalore, or Mysore in India?

If so, are they likely to issue a multi-entry non-immigrant O visa valid for 12 months to someone on a UK passport (though this would not be supported by a marraige certificate, it would be guaranteed by a friend).  :o

Sorry but I don't know a lot about the ins & outs of visa applications. I'm told that multi-entry non-im. valid for 12 months is the best one for a lengthy stay BUT will I only succeed in getting one if i am resident in the country i'm applying through?

Many thanks, in advance.

New Delhi ... Calcutta ... Mumbai. I don't like your chances of getting a Non-Immigrant O visa without grounds ( the guarantee you mention is worthless ) You could try the Consulate-General in Lahore Pakistan. That may be a chance. Without knowing your nationality it isn't possible to tell you the ' rules '.

If so, are they likely to issue a multi-entry non-immigrant O visa valid for 12 months to someone on a UK passport (though this would not be supported by a marraige certificate, it would be guaranteed by a friend).  :D

Many thanks, in advance.

I don't like your chances of getting a Non-Immigrant O visa without grounds ( the guarantee you mention is worthless )

Maybe i'm misunderstanding the criteria for a multi-entry non-im. valid for 12 months.

I'm leaving the UK and was planning on acting on some of the advice i got from this site. i.e. applying for a multi-entry non-im. via the Thai Consulate in Hull. At the end of the year (or all being well, the 15 months) I'd drop across to India as i have connections in Mysore India. I'd then like another long-stay visa enabling return to LOS.

To cut to the chase, will i be ok for the 1st visa from Hull considering that i don't have a Thai wife or family, and don't have a letter of intent from a Thai employer. The Consulate form seems to give the option of a friend guaranteeing to meet the cost of "repatriation to the UK" if necessary.

What would be my best move Doc? :o

Many thanks.

Think i understand what you are saying..........you/ll probably have to go back to the UK to get your next Non Imm O based on visiting family and friends. I cant see you getting one in India. Problem is Hull is the exception to the rule in handing out N.I visas for visiting family and friends in that they are lienient...........pound to a penny if you applied to the Thai Embassy in London you wouldnt be given the Non Imm visa in the first place. Trip home once every 15 months aint that bad is it?......come to think of it maybe it is! :o You/ll have no problems for the first one from Hull , with a letter of course.

Think  i  understand  what  you  are  saying..........you/ll  probably  have  to  go  back  to  the  UK  to  get  your  next  Non Imm  O  based  on  visiting  family  and  friends. I  cant  see  you  getting  one  in  India. Problem  is  Hull  is  the  exception  to  the  rule  in  handing  out  N.I  visas  for  visiting  family  and  friends  in  that  they  are  lienient...........pound  to  a  penny  if  you  applied  to  the  Thai  Embassy  in  London  you  wouldnt  be  given  the  Non  Imm  visa  in the  first  place. Trip  home  once  every  15  months  aint  that  bad  is  it?......come  to  think  of  it  maybe  it  is!  :o  You/ll  have  no  problems  for  the  first  one  from  Hull  , with  a  letter  of  course.

I second that motion :D

A conversation I had with a consular officer at one of the Thai consulates in India (Mumbai) revealed that the Thai offices in India are rather strict regarding the documentation requirements for visas, due to the number of applicants from the Subcontinent trying to go to Thailand. Not the place to try for anything other than a tourist visa unless you have the requisite avalanche of paperwork.