Non B Extension Without Wp

Hi everybody,

I m currently in Thailand with a NON B of 3 months validity. My purpose is to buy shares of a company (already registered,working and belong 100% to Thai) that I like but before do so I want to stay here for understand very well the feasibility of this business for at least 6-8 months.

Now I have used 1 month already, is there any chance to get an 1 year extension without be employed in other companies? I m not working at the moment...I m only watching close that company.

In Alternative.... I heard about an "engagement visa" option from a couple of friends but I cannot find anything about this on ThaiVisa website.

Does it really exist? how to get it? is it multientry?

Or other suggestions are wellcome, but I would like to avoid to fly in Europe to my own country only for this.

Thank you to anybody will answer.

Davi (IT)

Edited by bkk76

Hi everybody,

I m currently in Thailand with a NON B of 3 months validity. My purpose is to buy shares of a company (already registered,working and belong 100% to Thai) that I like but before do so I want to stay here for understand very well the feasibility of this business for at least 6-8 months.

Now I have used 1 month already, is there any chance to get an 1 year extension without be employed in other companies? I m not working at the moment...I m only watching close that company.

In Alternative.... I heard about an "engagement visa" option from a couple of friends but I cannot find anything about this on ThaiVisa website.

Does it really exist? how to get it? is it multientry?

Or other suggestions are wellcome, but I would like to avoid to fly in Europe to my own country only for this.

Thank you to anybody will answer.

Davi (IT)

I see that you were on tourist visas before your single entry non immigrant B. Without a work permit you have little chance of getting another non B and you have 0% chance of an extension of permission to stay based on business.

I am also guessing that you applied for a work permit before your first non B to get a WP3 receipt, but then did not complete the application process.

There is no such thing as an engagement visa.

You could get another tourist visa from a consulate, currently Vientienne in Loas is issuing double entry 60 day tourist visas, which you can also extend for 30 days at any immigration office. Make sure you make your second entry into Thailand in advance of the 'Enter Before' date on your visa.

You may also be able to do some more 30 day visa exempt entries, up to a total of 90 days in Thailand in a 180 day period.

That should give you 6-8 months

Thank you to everybody,

not good news unfortunately...

what about a one year student visa if I join some Thai language course? is that multientry? and they will check how many lesson I will attempt?

Can I do it in a neighbour country such Malesia or Laos?

Thankx again

David

...You may also be able to do some more 30 day visa exempt entries, up to a total of 90 days in Thailand in a 180 day period.

Actually, it’s 90 days within 6 months.

--

Maestro

Some consulates give a multiple-entry non-Ed visa. You would have to ask the consulate where you plan to apply what they are willing to give. I have seen no recent post about getting a multiple-entry in Malaysia or Laos.

With a single-entry non-Ed visa you could then get extensions of stay, for 90 days at a time, with the documents the school will have to give you.

--

Maestro

Thank you to everybody,

what about a one year student visa if I join some Thai language course? is that multientry? and they will check how many lesson I will attempt?

Thankx again

David

Yes. one of my friends got a one year non B education visa by signing on to a one year Thai language course. it will cost you about 30,000 baht or so (for the course). It is my understanding that you can not qualify for a WP on a B (education), therefore to earn or recieve money on this type of a visa is illegal.

Edited by mizzi39

Thank you to everybody,

Thankx again

David

Yes. one of my friends got a one year non B education visa by signing on to a one year Thai language course. it will cost you about 30,000 baht or so (for the course). It is my understanding that you can not qualify for a WP on a B (education), therefore to earn or recieve money on this type of a visa is illegal.

There is a Non-Immigrant Visa Category "B" (Teaching) which you apply for outside of Thailand. With this you can apply for a Work Permit.

There is also a Non-Immigrant Visa Category "ED" which you apply for outside of Thailand.

There is also an Extension of Permission to Stay, in the case of study, where you apply to extend a valid non immigrant visa entry stamp at your local immigration dept under section 7.7 or 7.8 of National Police Order 606/2549.

I have never heard of 'a one year non B education visa'.

I have never heard of 'a one year non B education visa'.

You’re right, there is no “non B education visa”. It is either non-B or non-Ed, but not a combination of both.

--

Maestro