Beer Garden Business Hits Downturn

cojones

Beer garden business likely to be sluggish this year

BANGKOK, Nov 13 (TNA) – The beer garden business in Thailand this year, which began early this month and will continue until early next year, appears to be sluggish due to a decline in people's purchasing power following a recent oil price hike, according to the KASIKORN Research Centre (KRC).

The number of customers visiting beer gardens during this year's winter was likely to drop because of the declining purchasing power, while competition in the business has become fiercer, as new beer garden operators have entered the business, said the leading think tank.

If the operators want to make the business more active, they will have to create some exciting activities to attract more customers, especially new faces, the KRC suggested.

Besides the declining purchasing power of people and the increased retail oil prices, such other negative factors as the ongoing outbreak of avian flu and the spate of violent unrest in the country's deep South have also prompted many people to start saving, as they are worried about their incomes in future, according to the Bangkok-based research house.

Regular customers to the local beer gardens were, therefore, expected to cut down their visits to the places, the KRC projected. (TNA)--E111, E002

Beer garden business likely to be sluggish this year

BANGKOK, Nov 13 (TNA) – The beer garden business in Thailand this year, which began early this month and will continue until early next year, appears to be sluggish due to a decline in people's purchasing power following a recent oil price hike, according to the KASIKORN Research Centre (KRC).

The number of customers visiting beer gardens during this year's winter was likely to drop because of the declining purchasing power, while competition in the business has become fiercer, as new beer garden operators have entered the business, said the leading think tank.

If the operators want to make the business more active, they will have to create some exciting activities to attract more customers, especially new faces, the KRC suggested.

Besides the declining purchasing power of people and the increased retail oil prices, such other negative factors as the ongoing outbreak of avian flu and the spate of violent unrest in the country's deep South have also prompted many people to start saving, as they are worried about their incomes in future, according to the Bangkok-based research house.

Regular customers to the local beer gardens were, therefore, expected to cut down their visits to the places, the KRC projected. (TNA)--E111, E002

I live in a highly industrialized area of Bangkok and the beer gardens in my area are alive and well for sure, as a matter of fact the Singha beer garden set up in Big "C" parking lot is busy way past 01:00 most weekdays and Fridays, Saturdays the music keeps the entire neighborhood awake until the wee hours and I don't mean 1 AM(more like 3:00 am), maybe the outdoor booze joints have no restrictions on closing times, if they do they sure are not enforced in the area I live. :o

I live in a highly industrialized area of Bangkok and the beer gardens in my area are alive and well for sure, as a matter of fact the Singha beer garden set up in Big "C" parking lot is busy way past 01:00 most weekdays and Fridays, Saturdays the music keeps the entire neighborhood awake

I thought the Ministry of Thai Morals had set closing time as Midnight at all locations?