Looking For Appartment/hotel For A One-month Stay

MART

Hello!

I'll be arriving in BKK in september and would like to find a relatively cheap place (10.000-15.000 THB/month) where to stay for a month until I find a long term rental which suits my needs.

I've been told about Rajah Mansion on soi 4 for example which has rooms for 11.000THB/month and seems to be OK except that it's on soi 4 and I'd rather live somewhere else. I'd like to avoid giving an address on soi 4 to my family and work, even if it's only for short term...

Ratchada area would be nice for example but I'd consider any area as long as it is relatively central.

Apart from A/C, fridge, TV and the usual stuff I'd like to have an in-room internet connection and in-room safe.

Does anyone know of a place that would do?

Thanks in advance!

er- or you could just live in a real place for a month?

oh sorry, i see now i missed the line about being embarassed of soi 4. do people abroad even know the significance of soi 4 though?

Edited by girlx

Most apartments want a minimum 3 months rental. Some places that do monthly deals :

P.A. TOWER , Saphan Mai ( just up from Tescos ) About 5000 a month for standard room. Good restaurants nearby. Nice pool on the roof. On the Pahonyothin road 1 kilometre north of the Laksi monument.

ROMANCE MANSION on Sukhumvit 93 ( I think ) 1 k past the last stop on the BTS

Also about 5000 baht a month.

V.I.P MANSION. Sukhumvit 71. Prefer long stays but can be bargained with, maybe

around the 7000 baht mark

Use aPost office or biz service address as at Hualomphong Station andd live where u want

I've never said that I want to live on soi 4. Rajah Mansion just happens to be the only tip I've got until now.

er- or you could just live in a real place for a month?

oh sorry, i see now i missed the line about being embarassed of soi 4. do people abroad even know the significance of soi 4 though?

Well I guess they don't but it wouldn't be very difficult to find out what kind of area it is...

Most apartments want a minimum 3 months rental. Some places that do monthly deals :

P.A. TOWER , Saphan Mai ( just up from Tescos ) About 5000 a month for standard room. Good restaurants nearby. Nice pool on the roof. On the Pahonyothin road 1 kilometre north of the Laksi monument.

ROMANCE MANSION on Sukhumvit 93 ( I think ) 1 k past the last stop on the BTS

Also about 5000 baht a month.

V.I.P MANSION. Sukhumvit 71. Prefer long stays but can be bargained with, maybe

around the 7000 baht mark

Thanks Bangyai! Romance might be a bit too far for my first month. I don't know where Saphan Mai is but I'll do some research.