Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

Celtic " Throw toys out of the pram " at SPL meeting,

http://www.telegraph...wer-shift.html#

biggrin.png Simply hilarious....keep them coming....thumbsup.gif

a mate of mine has just said ,

" if new Rangers get placed in the first division I will never go to another football match in Scotland , including internationals " .

The joke is on us , Scotland I mean .

" if new Rangers get placed in the first division I will never go to another football match in Scotland , including internationals " .

I agree with you onionluke, you are probably horrified to discover that Celtic and Rangers had monthly meeting's on the quiet to decide what they were going to push and how they were going to vote.

Then Lawell comes out and says " We don't need Rangers "...................I'll tell you what it is, it's a deceit.

The more people find out, the more people realize how much bullying and intimidating has been going on, the more solid the opinion is becoming that Rangers will NOT be in the first division. I will be amazed ( and disgusted ) if they manage it.

True Rangers fans want to go to the 3rd and start again, and I applaud them for that.

Now Celtic are like the schoolyard bully who's best pal has just left school. There will be trouble ahead.

I agree with you onionluke, you are probably horrified to discover that Celtic and Rangers had monthly meeting's on the quiet to decide what they were going to push and how they were going to vote.

Then Lawell comes out and says " We don't need Rangers "...................I'll tell you what it is, it's a deceit.

The more people find out, the more people realize how much bullying and intimidating has been going on, the more solid the opinion is becoming that Rangers will NOT be in the first division. I will be amazed ( and disgusted ) if they manage it.

True Rangers fans want to go to the 3rd and start again, and I applaud them for that.

Now Celtic are like the schoolyard bully who's best pal has just left school. There will be trouble ahead.

Not surprised to be honest . It is interesting to see how celtic are now reacting , because that is all they seem able to do . Thick as thieves .

Good news from CQN, with an interesting final paragraph:

News that Fraser Forster has signed a long term contract with Celtic, who will pay Newcastle United £2m for his services, adds some welcome stability ahead of the Champions League qualifiers. Buying a new, first-choice, keeper is fraught with the kind of difficulties Neil Lennon would rather avoid.

Last summer we looked at Croatian international Stipe Pletikosa, who performed at the European Championships, but he failed to impress during his trial period at Celtic, including a poor performance against Wolves at Celtic Park.

Last year we also looked at Polish cap, Gregorz Sandomierski, who subsequently went to Belgian club racing Genk for €3m, but he failed to make a competitive appearance for Genk and was shipped back to Poland on loan. By comparison, Forster, who turned 24 on St Patrick’s Day, cemented his place with the champions.

Last year Celtic concluded a provisional deal with Newcastle to sign Fraser on a permanent deal this summer but although player and club were both keen to do business, negotiations took until the end of the players’ summer break, perhaps reflecting a tightening of Celtic’s finances ahead of what could be a period of financial uncertainty in the Scottish game.

Lets see how well the SPL get on with :

a) Reduced Sky revenue

B) No Rangers Income (ticket sales/revenue from visiting supporters)

I can see some clubs in big financial trouble. And this " punish Rangers attitude " will not help them then.

PS I support neither of the old firm.

I have it from a good source, ( the man that walks the big scabby dug in my street ), that the vote was:

No, 9 votes,

Yes, Killie and Rangers

Abstention, Celtic.

Interesting that. I'd love to hear the thoughts of CB and salty on this...our resident Celtic fans.

Ehm........turns out the man with the dug was wrong, who would have thought, actual result.

No, 10

Abstain, Killie,

Yes, eh, Rangers........

Here's the Celtic statement.

"Celtic today confirmed that it opposed re-admission to the Scottish Premier League by Rangers newco.

"Today's decision to refuse access into the SPL was an overwhelming one and demonstrates the depth of feeling amongst everyone involved in Scottish football.

"Fundamentally, the Celtic Board has also been very mindful of the need to take what it believes to be the correct course of action in protecting the integrity of the game in Scotland.

"The matter is now within the jurisdiction of the Scottish Football Association and it will be for the SFA to decide on the future of Rangers newco.

"Throughout the whole sequence of events leading up to today's decision the Celtic Board has been of the singular view that the integrity of the game in Scotland is of paramount importance. Our only other consideration has been to protect the interests and right of the club and our supporters.

"Whilst the financial implications of today's vote for Celtic and for the Scottish game as a whole will be very significant, we have already stated that Celtic has a business plan and strategy independent of any other club."

"Our supporters can rest assured that we will continue to fight to protect Celtic's best interests within the Scottish game.

"In addition, we will be working with our other fellow SPL clubs in the days and weeks ahead to take all possible steps to maximise commercial returns, which remain crucial in these economically-challenging circumstances. We will also play an active role in mapping the future of Scottish football.

"The fans are the lifeblood of the game and we know how strongly our supporters, and those of other clubs, felt about this issue.

"We are confident that Celtic's fans, together with the supporters of all the SPL clubs, will now play a major role in rallying behind their clubs to ensure that Scottish football emerges stronger from this episode."

Edited by theblether

I think it translates into...........

" We know we've bullied the life out of you for the last 30 years, but now that my ugly twin brother has left school, please don't hit me crying.gif ".

Exactly. One member one vote is here....happy days mate! smile.png

Its hardly a surprise that the vote was so clearcut and that Celtic voted against. Now the SFL will have to decide what to do with the newco.

Integrity 1 Finance 0. It remains to be seen how big a defeat it will be for finance.

Its hardly a surprise that the vote was so clearcut and that Celtic voted against. Now the SFL will have to decide what to do with the newco.

Integrity 1 Finance 0. It remains to be seen how big a defeat it will be for finance.

Not too big i suspect. If anything it might reignite interest amongst the other clubs support. We can only hope....

Celtic Quick News:

Brown called Green right with only one solution remaining

Posted on 4 July, 2012by Paul67

Scottish football has gone through months of drama and uncertainty to rescue ‘Rangers’. Only weeks ago we were told a CVA was likely. Once this failed the question of today’s SPL vote crystallised.

The SPL met several times to discuss this matter, even doing so before Rangers CVA failed. Sentiment was firmly behind Newco, to the extent that some were worried they would be allowed into the league without any sanction (if one Ayrshire club had their way). All this changed when Charles Green and Duff and Phelps agreed to challenge the SFA at the Court of Session. At the SPL meeting following this decision the mood changed dramatically.

I then had several friends in the media rubbish my suggestion that Newco were far from certain of being voted into the SPL. To be fair to them, my information was not coming from Neil Doncaster, whereas theirs was. If Doncaster was so assured when speaking to the media, day after day, we can only imagine what he was saying to Green. His influence has not been helpful to the cause he championed.

Clubs, who were previously weighing up the argument, suddenly had a convincing point to consider. Rangers going to court was the biggest own goal in their 140 year history. Terry Butcher, eat your heart out.

After this Green was at the mercy of fortune, and the growing influence of the hawk(s) in the SPL who saw no need to create space for Newco. In many respects, John Brown is correct. Having gambled and failed, Green did whatever he could to accommodate but there was no way back. Underestimate John Brown at your peril, he has his club’s interests at heart and has the fortitude to raise a phoenix from the ruins of Ibrox. His unconventional style is easy to mock but it is just what needed (I truly believe this).

Where now for the Newco-Sevco-Rangers? I don’t see a solution. Sooner or later Mr Green will let his friends know they only way forward is for him to acquire an existing Scottish Football League club, rename it to something like Rangers United, and move it to Ibrox.

The toxic history would be set free and it would be game-on. Keep your eye on Cowdenbeath.

I thought Cowdenbeath was only for Stock Cars!

Anyway, here is something from the Scotsman which sums it up

with regards the upcoming SFL vote on (cough . . .) the 12th of July.

SFL VOTE

Scotland’s lower league clubs will now consider a motion on July 12 which, if passed, would see Rangers parachuted into the First Division.

If the motion is rejected, Rangers will be admitted to the Third Division.

SPL clubs will now hope their Scottish Football League counterparts accept the newco in the First Division amid warnings that £16million could be lost to the Scottish game if they go down to the Third.

Three-quarters of Rangers fans on the season-ticket database voted for the lower tier in a poll for their preferred option, but Green has previously declared his intention to play at the highest possible level.

It appears that most if not all of the SPL’s commercial contracts include exit clauses for sponsors and partners allowing them to pull out or renegotiate if the Old Firm are not present.

The SPL has 12 teams and 10 want TTFKAR out.

The First Division has voted not to allow them in yesterday.

If I was in a group of 12 guys in a pub and no fukcer liked

me and all the other blokes in the pubs around felt the same

I reckon I'd stop going to the pub!

Just my tuppence worth.

”Clearly, in terms of where Rangers do play, that is now a matter for others to decide upon, it is something we have no control or influence over.

“We must now move on, and move on with a collective unity between the supporters and the club and the team.

“We need to stand strong, shoulder to shoulder and all work together to continue to move the club in the right direction.

“We want as many fans as possible to come back to the club and take their seat at Celtic Park and invest in the club as much as possible.

“We are now looking forward and not back, we have a vibrant young team, I want to progress this team as far as I can but we cannot do this without the fans’ support.

“There will be no slacking off or complacency, we have a lot to look forward to and that´s what we are preparing for, but I need to be very clear, we need our fans with us every step of the way.

“We cannot let outside negative influences dictate the mood at Celtic, we are very optimistic and we are very much looking forward to the season but we need our fans right with us”.

“It´s imperative we make inroads in Europe again this year and it would be nice to get through the qualifiers and into the Champions League group stages, but I´m under no illusion how difficult that´s going to be

“Everyone wants to play at the big table and that´s our whole focus. We go into this as champions and that is a fantastic feeling, so hopefully that will give the players an extra spring in their step.

“If we qualify then you never know where it will take us.”

Neil Lennon July 2012

Yes how the mighty have fallen. The team with the most points obtained by fair means in the next three seasons will be real champions unlike several previous titles won by Rangers who have a case to answer about using illegal means.

• Like 1