Framwork For An Internet Start Up

I have a fairly promising internet business idea which I'm going to develop further. If anyone can advise on the following questions I'd be grateful:

1. When I register the name does it matter where the owner is recorded as living? I have several working addresses: here, UK, West Indies.
  2. It's too early to take steps to form a company to handle this but given I'm living here most of the time, where might be the most favourable place to register to minimise tax liabilities.
  3. Revenue would derive from ad placement and in time a subscription for those seeking detailed information - where best to set up a bank account (bearing in mind the bank's requirements to check for money laundering)?
  4. I don't know much about maximising the income from online advertising - anyone suggest a good unbiased place to research?
  5. The site will revolve around a database with visitors adding and accessing information - anyone have experience running one like this?

Thanks

1. Begin with registering the domain as "private" and use your home address

2. Start by setting the business up as a personal venture... if it starts to grow, then think about incorporating a company

3. Personal bank account

4. There's loads of ad and affiliate networks out there... a quick search on google will find you many. The ideal situation is to sell ad space privately, but that may seem difficult in the early stages. Better of finding a product/service that is related to your niche/users and finding an affiliate program you can promote. You receive a commission from the sales you generate from your ad space. Many networks, such as cj.com wire funds into personal bank accounts.

5. I'd outsource the project if you can't code yourself. I highly recommend spending time to write a REALLY detailed spec before looking to hire someone. I've used Guru.com many times and as long as you choose someone with previous work examples similar to your project, and has a good feedback rating, you'll be ok.

... as for item 5 - that's a standard thing for just about any website trying to "sell" something. What do you want to know? Any particular area? Do you want to know how to make it or how to run it? You run it by putting it on a host accessible by the world and watch how well it is doing - simple as that ... How to make it is a different matter ... What's your question about?

Edited by rishi

... as for item 5 - that's a standard thing for just about any website trying to "sell" something. What do you want to know? Any particular area? Do you want to know how to make it or how to run it? You run it by putting it on a host accessible by the world and watch how well it is doing - simple as that ... How to make it is a different matter ... What's your question about?

No product involved. I've operated a site that sells merchandise but this will be more along the lines of Friends Reunited in that visitors will want (I hope) to add data that others will be able to see in general but pay to access in greater depth. I guess that description applies to dating sites as well, now that I think of it.

I'm not up to coding it but I'm sure that someone has something that is 75% there in terms of structure wondered if anyone here has a business like that.