Wine Shops

girlx

where is the best place to buy wine in central bangkok? i have been getting bottles from paragon's gourmet market but it is expensive!!! i don't know much about wine other than i like it (mostly reds but an occasional dry white). any tips on what to buy? trying to make myself start drinking that instead of beer. :o

Will the place you are thinking about is probably Wine Connection. We have just had one open here in Ratchayothin by the Major Complex, I think there is another one in Silom somewhere. Good selection and varied price range.

Villa also has reasonable selection at Soi 33, and it's worth looking in Carrefour and Tesco's as well, as they have some reasonable deals.

Its not gonna be cheap wherever you get it. You could try a bottle of Sato from 7/11 at only 25 baht a bottle. Its cheap rice wine and like a sweet Hock if you can imagine such a thing. Water it down a bit and after a few glasses you might succeed in kidding yourself its not too bad a substitute. Or as a friend put it when he saw me drinking it ....' If you're not diabetic now you soon will be '.

Villa and Foodland have decent moderately-priced selections; I look for Australian reds and whites in the 450 - 750 THB range, with frequent sales. If you find something you like buy a case.

The Wine Connection is OK. http://www.wineconnection.co.th/ They sell off-register during the ban hours.

Edited by lomatopo

Will the place you are thinking about is probably Wine Connection. We have just had one open here in Ratchayothin by the Major Complex, I think there is another one in Silom somewhere. Good selection and varied price range.

Villa also has reasonable selection at Soi 33, and it's worth looking in Carrefour and Tesco's as well, as they have some reasonable deals.

That's the one, thanks.

That's the one, thanks.

I think the one in Silom is located at the back of Molly Malone's ie go through back door of Molly's into garage area and it is in front of you.

BT

That's the one, thanks.

I think the one in Silom is located at the back of Molly Malone's ie go through back door of Molly's into garage area and it is in front of you.

BT

Its on Convent Road, not Silom. Walk into the carpark entrance by the 7/11 just before Silom. No need to go through Molly Malones or Coyote, though both have entrances into the carpark

IMHO best selection is on the top floor of Villa at Soi 33.

To the poster about the market next to the Thai Airways HQ, which market are you refering to, or is this just an urban myth you are passing on?

TH

TH

Its on Convent Road, not Silom. Walk into the carpark entrance by the 7/11 just before Silom. No need to go through Molly Malones or Coyote, though both have entrances into the carpark

IMHO best selection is on the top floor of Villa at Soi 33.

To the poster about the market next to the Thai Airways HQ, which market are you refering to, or is this just an urban myth you are passing on?

TH

TH

Hush now :o

Cheers

The is a wine shop in Silom Complex shopping centre.

Saladaeng Bts station and enter from ticket hall level. Turn right after you enter Silom Complex and its either straight in front of you on the same level or on the next level UP the escalator.

Sorry, cant quite remember which level as I usually use different entrance.

oooh thanks for the tips, i didn't know about wine connection, will look for that!

Also, have a glass of wine at V9, the 37th floor of Sofitel Silom.

Wine Connection wines, in an awesome setting, panoramic views of Bangkok. Excellent appetizers too!