Is Pp Travel The Best Travel Agent In Chiangmai?

uptheos

Sounds like P&P are good. I, and all my friends, use Travel Shoppe. After over 15 years of excellent service getting tickets for personal and company travel, I won't change yet. It is good to know however that there is a suitable alternative if anything happens to the company we are using now.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which spring ? I am Antipodean.

Isn't that a fear of public speaking? :D

Fear of peas :D .

I emailed Pp with my question and the reply was:

Since the departed point isn't begun from Thailand. The ticket will be much cheaper if you buy from the original place. So I suggested that you should buy there.

Seems the international airline ticketing system is yet to globalize :o .

Sounds like P&P are good. I, and all my friends, use Travel Shoppe. After over 15 years of excellent service getting tickets for personal and company travel, I won't change yet. It is good to know however that there is a suitable alternative if anything happens to the company we are using now.

I'm sticking with Travel Shoppe also! :o

I have always used Khun Jan at world express on chang klan road, always great service and she spends a bit of time to get you the best deal, i always give her plenty of time to look around and she has never failed me yet, i have booked 4 journeys back to the UK with her, 3 to Spain and numerous to the Philippines. She lets you provisionally book the flight without payment also which is great when im going through the visa process for my thai GF.

Whereabouts on Changklan Road? :o

if your coming up from the night bizzar its on the right hand side almost opposite the big kasikorn bank.

I'm sticking with Travel Shoppe also! :o

I know Kh. Pidet at Travel Shoppe he's a good man and they provide good service - I would certainly put Travel Shoppe in my top three. However, PP travel has consistently beaten them on quotes (well for me they have). :D

Any news about this ?

I found out that Mau Tour service at Charoenrathet road , gave me very reasonable

prices as well , beat the one mentioned with a few thousand baht .......

Also gave me a fair discount on the already cheaper prises given , so MTS for me .

This travel agent (MTS) has caused numerous people in Chiangmai grief and if you have survived unscathed then consider yourself very lucky. Of course they will beat any price going by a few thousand baht, that's because often they fail to pay the airlines!

Ah wow that changes a lot is it , did not know that .

But now I remember that my returnticket to Cm after a long flight from Holland , which I

could not use , cause it was not registered or something and had to buy a new ticket .

But the travel agent gave me back the money . I thought it was an unconvenient mistake , it isn't I understand now .

......I will not go there any longer from now on , thanks for the feedback guys .

Wow, you must be blessed - can I touch the hem of your garment before picking my lottery numbers? :o

Latest news about Mau tours.. I have heared they (finaly) arrested the owner. how ever the shop is still open.. that suprises me!1

I really think the police is getting a piece of the cake.. since they are doing their funny bussines for months now already!!

Any news about this ?
I found out that Mau Tour service at Charoenrathet road , gave me very reasonable

Also gave me a fair discount on the already cheaper prises given , so MTS for me .

This travel agent (MTS) has caused numerous people in Chiangmai grief and if you have survived unscathed then consider yourself very lucky. Of course they will beat any price going by a few thousand baht, that's because often they fail to pay the airlines!

Ah wow that changes a lot is it , did not know that .

But now I remember that my returnticket to Cm after a long flight from Holland , which I

could not use , cause it was not registered or something and had to buy a new ticket .

But the travel agent gave me back the money . I thought it was an unconvenient mistake , it isn't I understand now .

......I will not go there any longer from now on , thanks for the feedback guys .

Wow, you must be blessed - can I touch the hem of your garment before picking my lottery numbers? :o

Latest news about Mau tours.. I have heared they (finaly) arrested the owner. how ever the shop is still open.. that suprises me!1

I really think the police is getting a piece of the cake.. since they are doing their funny bussines for months now already!!

They are still operating and it's disgraceful.

Thank heaven for Thai Visa. com where at least we can get the word out to quite a few people.

• 2 weeks later...
Please watch out for MTS Mau travel. Numerous people in Chaingmai have had all of their money stolen from them (even as recently as August 2008) . I used them from 2000-2003 until they shafted us a lot of money. Hundreds of people have similar stories. If they start sharing, this forum will become a big bashing venue. Not sure whey the police haven't shut them down.

P&P travel. Absolutely wonderful I've used them continuously from 2003-2008. They are cheap, fast, friendly, efficient. They have often gone out of their way to help me get the cheapest price. A few times they called me after giving me a ticket and said that the airline reduced the cost of my ticket. I went down and picked up my reimbursement-discount.

mau travel never booked my ticket to bkk in may, even though i paid them.thai airways lady at chaing mai airport told me they have had big proplems with mau tours.

The havn't arrested the owner as far as i know, the no longer sell flight tickets, only tours

They still sell tickets... but only give a reservation number this travel agency really makes me sick.

They are a criminals and should be arrested.. but as with many things in Thailand if money is concerned.. the police is in this DEAL....

Hope TAT will do something about it..

I have reported it there last week!

Travel Shoppe is highly recommended, been using them for over a decade. PP is also great. Compare prices at these two and the difference is minimal: both strive to give you the best deal possible. My trips have been mainly to NA, and to Vietnam. :o

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that I am very impressed so far with P&P.

I am leaving on Friday of this week for nine days on Phuket and tried shopping myself for connections/prices. I wanted to go with Thai Air but their prices have really gone up and the connections were terrible with layovers as long as 7 hours at Don Muang!

I called P&P and Noi almost immediately gave me the perfect itinerary I was looking for, on Thai Air, got me the direct flight CNX-HKT which wasn't even listed on Thai Air's website, and gave me a price that was 2000+ Baht less than Thai Air themselves wanted to charge me!

I live South of the airport so Noi made all the reservations and had me go to their kiosk at the airport where their service was exceptional.

My highest recommendation...

I go to UK twice during a year and also make several journeys throughout Asia.

I have been using Kh. Praneet at PP Travel for many years now and although I always call around first, I have found that she consistently beats every other travel agent on flight prices.

Not only have they consistently beaten everyone else, but I have also found their service to be top quality - stress free.

I'd be interested to know if others feel the same?

I too have found PP travel to be brilliant- saved me money, and never charged me for changing my mind about dates- amazing patience.

Used Mau 11 years back and I would never walk thru their door again. Poor service and I didn't get what they sold me.

Travel Shoppe is (was) not bad but I now use SEA Tours and it is the best I've found to date.

Please watch out for MTS Mau travel. Numerous people in Chaingmai have had all of their money stolen from them (even as recently as August 2008) . I used them from 2000-2003 until they shafted us a lot of money. Hundreds of people have similar stories. If they start sharing, this forum will become a big bashing venue. Not sure whey the police haven't shut them down.

P&P travel. Absolutely wonderful I've used them continuously from 2003-2008. They are cheap, fast, friendly, efficient. They have often gone out of their way to help me get the cheapest price. A few times they called me after giving me a ticket and said that the airline reduced the cost of my ticket. I went down and picked up my reimbursement-discount.

Note my earlier comment. I wouldn't touch MAU Travel with a proverbial barge pole. Once bitten thrice shy.

Note my earlier comment. I wouldn't touch MAU Travel with a proverbial barge pole. Once bitten thrice shy.

Try Boutique Travel service at 44/3 Sridonchai Rd. Verypersonalised and pleasant service and work very hard to get exactly what you want. They have a great deal of experience in getting you the best deal. I have service very much better than average.

Sorry to say that half a dozen emails back & forth to P & P, over a few days, to see what their quotes on CNX-BKK for Thai Air & the competitors might be has been rather a waste of time. They have been able to tell me only of a Thai Air special and nothing at all of the others.

Never mind, I'll just book online.

I'll now add: in my last email, I indicated -- but with utter delicacy and tact; letting all failure rest with myself -- that I could not wring a gram of meaning from the last response. There was no further reply at all.

Any of us can look up the usual airline suspects online. Isn't it the job of a travel agent to get better deals ?? Perhaps a simple CNX-BKK flight appears too small a fish to fry but good business practice ought to suggest that I & the people to whom I do or don't recommend this company may have fleshier marine life to offer to the oil ... no ?

Edited by sylviex

Isn't it strange that many people get great service then along comes one who criticizes the place? How many emails should a travel agent send and read to book one ticket to BKK ? I just call them on the phone, get it sorted out in 5-10 minutes and get an email confirmation a few minutes later. Why bother with email inquiries when a phone call is free and more efficient?

I used P&P for years but they stuffed up my inyernational bookings twice in succession so they got the flick. Plus the fact they will not accept Thai issued Amex cards.

I have been using SeaTours on Changklan for the last ten years, and have found them extremely professional, to say nothing of the friendly staff. They will go out of their way to secure the best deal for you. Got my vote every time.

I used P&P for years but they stuffed up my inyernational bookings twice in succession so they got the flick. Plus the fact they will not accept Thai issued Amex cards.

I have been using SeaTours on Changklan for the last ten years, and have found them extremely professional, to say nothing of the friendly staff. They will go out of their way to secure the best deal for you. Got my vote every time.

havent tried seatours but bts travel 44/3 sridonchai rd is faultless. small but fast and efficient.. can recommend

Isn't it strange that many people get great service then along comes one who criticizes the place? How many emails should a travel agent send and read to book one ticket to BKK ? I just call them on the phone, get it sorted out in 5-10 minutes and get an email confirmation a few minutes later. Why bother with email inquiries when a phone call is free and more efficient?

Well, Bill97, strange it may be, but that was my experience. Why email ? As my Thai is not too great, I use English for such transactions (and I do think we should be able to expect a modicum of English from a travel agency in Thailand's second largest city). Communicating over the phone can be challenging for even quite fluent second language speakers, and while I understand that email may not always be the preferred mode of communication here, a written request is usually less problematic and does allow the recipient the time to request help from a colleague if needed.

How many emails should a travel agent send and read to book one ticket to BKK ?

Precisely !! From all that, I got nothing but a quote on a Thai Air special :o . I could post the correspondence here, but have no wish to humiliate the worker. And never mind, but I won't be requesting P & P's services in the future.

Thanks, Maejo Man and mr1, for your recommendations.

Glad to hear you have it all sorted out Sylvi. Hope your next try fits with your expectations and assumptions and that you are successful in purchasing your ticket to BKK.

As successful as it can get with a simple online booking :o . Not as if it were a life-altering experience, Mr Bill.

By the way, you appear so consistently sour, angry & bitter, I may have to start liking you. Take that as a warning !

Glad to hear you have it all sorted out Sylvi. Hope your next try fits with your expectations and assumptions and that you are successful in purchasing your ticket to BKK.

As successful as it can get with a simple online booking :o . Not as if it were a life-altering experience, Mr Bill.

By the way, you appear so consistently sour, angry & bitter, I may have to start liking you. Take that as a warning !

Thanks. I hear you and will endeavor to be cautious.

Actually you are quite preceptive as I have been quite full of it lately. For months I have had difficulty purchasing the prunes I require for a better disposition. Several grocers that I have patronized for years have been unable to supply my needs and state that whenever they receive a shipment, it is sold out very fast. They have doubled their orders but the same thing happens. I have even requested that they hold 15 bags for me but one of their clerk accepts a bribes and sells them to another farang before I can get there. I have tried oat bran without much luck.

So yes, I am angry and bitter because I a sure that some members of TVCM (or the missionaries) have been getting all the prunes but sadly the supply is still not sufficient, even for them.

Other than that, I am doing fine but am unsure how long I will be able to continue eating 2 kilos of papaya daily to try to compensate for the prune shortage.

Went to PP travel about this time last year for a flight Chiang Mai to Udon return.

After much discussion was told that there were no flights CM to Udon.

After further discussion was offered a flight via BKK.

Went to the Air port and booked the flight in 10 minutes

Never been back to PP travel

As Maejo Man says Sea Tours are first class.

They have a ‘ can do ‘ attitude.

g