Wheelchair Accessible Condos

harrry

I use a wheelchair and am considering moving to CM soon. If anyone could post a list of condos which can be accessed by wheelchair I would appreciate it.

By accessible I mean that I can get from street/carpark to the lift. I do not need full facilities. I am interested in long term however any advice about temporary suitible accomodation would help too.

Maybe I should clarify this ....and it is why I did not post in the Real Estate forum. I am not asking about individual condos but general advice about which condo buildings may be suitible.

I would also like it if anyone with any experience of wheelchairs in CM could help. Best answer may get a beer when I get there....after all it is not my pockets that aee so long or my arms too short just my leg:)

Harry, I think you will be fairly comfortable here in your whelchair. Any place that requires some walking finds me in a wheelchair (hospital, airports). I have someone to push me because I don't have two arms I can use. I find people give me a hand whenever I need it, and happily get out of my way when I'm moving. If you are in town, most places are not wheelchair accessable, (restaurants, hotels) but enough are to make some travel fairly easy. Streets are the real bitch, forcing me to avoid many areas because my movement forces me to face too many obstacles. I can't travel freely anywhere I want. I have to plan a lot if I want to go anywhere in a wheelchair. The end result is that I don't go out much, and I stay at home, using the phone to order food from restaurants. I live in a house, so I don't know the situation with condos, but my sense is that it generally is okay for wheelchairs

But there is always help available when you need it. It is the general kindness of people here that attracts me :o

Edited by Ajarn

Harry, Rimping condo would be accessible for you providing you can negotiate what is the car entrance/exit which is a gentle slope (1.5mtr rise over 10-12mts) that leads to the reception level where you will have a single step before being on level ground or alternatively there is a side door where you can avoid this but there is a single similar step up from the car park areas to the lifts but nothing else that I can recall (I do live there but outside of country at present). One other bonus with Rimping is the security guards are always on hand and would certainly assist as required.

Rentals in Rimping start around the 25k mark for a 2 bedroom unit / Sales are from around 3.6mil.

It's the only condo block I have lived in so cannot comment on others.