Teaching In Petchaburi

Hi All,

I am a qualified teacher with a degree, currently teaching at a private school in Pattaya. I teach our Matthayom students level (4-6) in our English programme - English, Maths and Computer. I have been working here for 8 months, and I am keen to understand what the job market is like in or around the Petchaburi area, including Cha Am or Hua Hin (the missus would like to be closer to her family!!!!).

I have been on-line and hunted for jobs in these areas, but don't seem to be able to find anything - either there aren't any jobs or they just aren't posted on-line.

Does anyone have any information please, regarding job availabilities or where to look, and also any indication of salaries ( I know salaries is always a difficult one to determine, as it is often governed by experience and what you will be teaching, but a 'ballpark' figure would be appreciated).

Many Thanks

Peter

There is a great Catholic school in Ratchaburi and one in Hua Hin. Also, two private schools in Hua Hin. My son's kindergarten teacher gets 38,000 baht.

You don't say where (HH/Rat) your friend works Sunrise. I originally started looking for work in HH years ago. At the time salaries seemed quite low. I rationlised that this was due to there being so many farang expats there, hence oversupply but I have no idea really. I went for an interview and was offered 20k a month. I came to Ratchaburi instead for 28k plus accommodation. It's cheap here too. :o These figures were years ago and do not neccessarily reflect current rates (About HH I have no idea now), but I was very glad my friend who worked in HH at the time, not only got me excited about being a teacher, but also suggested coming to Ratchaburi-I'm still here!

I might know of some things that would interest you PattayaPete. Please check your PM.

There is a great Catholic school in Ratchaburi and one in Hua Hin. Also, two private schools in Hua Hin. My son's kindergarten teacher gets 38,000 baht.

You don't say where (HH/Rat) your friend works Sunrise. I originally started looking for work in HH years ago. At the time salaries seemed quite low. I rationlised that this was due to there being so many farang expats there, hence oversupply but I have no idea really. I went for an interview and was offered 20k a month. I came to Ratchaburi instead for 28k plus accommodation. It's cheap here too. :o These figures were years ago and do not neccessarily reflect current rates (About HH I have no idea now), but I was very glad my friend who worked in HH at the time, not only got me excited about being a teacher, but also suggested coming to Ratchaburi-I'm still here!

I might know of some things that would interest you PattayaPete. Please check your PM.

My son's kindergarten teacher gets 38,000 in Hua Hin.