Question About Thailand Mobile Phone From My Friend In India

webworldly

Greetings! :-)

Here's his question. On both his behalf and mine......thank you for any help you can provide.

Hello D,

I require inputs from u on this . In India when backpackers visit our country they buy a mobile phone connection for like rs 400 and some identity proof documents and top it up with a calling card which credits ur connection with calling money and one can recharge when money is goes nil

It is called a PRE PAID CARD. i guess u had a prepaid connection in INDIA . Key players Vodafone (then orange/hutch) , Airtel,BPL etc.

Can u please let me know if it is as easy to get a sim connection in Bangkok that we can use for roaming as well and the procedure / documents to get one in thailand.

CHEERS!

D

Hey MKAsok...thank you! I think he will be staying somewhere around Sukhumvit Soi 20. Do you by any chance know where a shop that sells these "Sim connection" (cards) would be that is near there? What phone company's SIM card do you think is best?

CHEERS!

D

Hey MKAsok...thank you! I think he will be staying somewhere around Sukhumvit Soi 20. Do you by any chance know where a shop that sells these "Sim connection" (cards) would be that is near there? What phone company's SIM card do you think is best?

CHEERS!

D

Every 7-11 in Thailand sells sim cards. Don't know which is best, I use Orange.

CHEERS!

D

Take it he is staying at Windsor Hotel on soi 20. There is a Family Mart right beside the hotel, trust they sell the infamous "DTAC Happy" prepaid start packages.

CHEERS!

D

You're welcome. Like the other posters have said - any 7-11/Family Mart etc, however, I'm not sure they sell the 50 bht sim cards (I think 7 sell them for 300). Your friend might have to go somewhere like MBK if he's that bothered about paying less. Personally I would go with AIS (one2call), "the network of champions," but that's just me...

mk