New Driving License ?

LivinLOS

I was recently told thats there is or soon will be, a new Thai driving license with the license details in English (handy for travel)..

Is that fact ?? Anyone know any more about it ??

Will you need to pay again ??

Can I go and get it issued just because I want one ?? Or whats the case about new licenses when you move address ?? I have never bothered to adjust mine and lived in 3 houses in the last year, do you have to pay each time you move or is that only the first time (3 addresses, times 2 licenses, times me and the GF, all adds up).

>Will you need to pay again ??

Just get the new format card when you next renew, if you are at the begining of an old format 5 year licence - you could 'loose' it - I assume there would be a replacement fee, probably not more than the 500 (+?) Baht fee for a new 5 yr card.

Surrender the present driving license plus 100 bahts fee being cost of the new credit card type card.

Took me 15 minutes to get a replacement.

Supposedly good for driving within ASEAN countries without getting an international one.

Edited by pigtail

Surrender the present driving license plus 100 bahts fee being cost of the new credit card type card.

Took me 15 minutes to get a replacement.

Supposedly good for driving within ASEAN countries without getting an international one.

Are you sure about that ?? I would like to go Malaysia soon and I manage to get IDL in BKK.