First 90 Day Reporting

Finally made it here from US with a 12 month Non-Immigrant "0" and will have to go to Suan Plu for my first 90 day reporting in.

What is needed and what can I expect.

Thanks for all the good info. you gave me during my planning stages for relocation to Bkk.

Do you have a one year O-A visa or a multi entry non immigrant O visa? What does your entry 'permitted to stay until' say?

A normal multi entry O visa from the US allows visits up to 90 days. You must exit the country at the end of that time and no 90 day reports would ever be required.

If you have an O-A that allows one year stay, as stamped by immigration when you arrived, you will need to take your passport and fill out a TM.47 form for address report in Room 401. You might also want to take proof of residence such as rent agreement or home register of wife but not sure if that is required (I did not have to have).

Do you have a one year O-A visa or a multi entry non immigrant O visa?  What does your entry 'permitted to stay until' say? 

A normal multi entry O visa from the US allows visits up to 90 days.  You must exit the country at the end of that time and no 90 day reports would ever be required.

If you have an O-A that allows one year stay, as stamped by immigration when you arrived, you will need to take your passport and fill out a TM.47 form for address report in Room 401.  You might also want to take proof of residence such as rent agreement or home register of wife but not sure if that is required (I did not have to have).

Do you have a one year O-A visa or a multi entry non immigrant O visa?  What does your entry 'permitted to stay until' say? 

A normal multi entry O visa from the US allows visits up to 90 days.  You must exit the country at the end of that time and no 90 day reports would ever be required.

If you have an O-A that allows one year stay, as stamped by immigration when you arrived, you will need to take your passport and fill out a TM.47 form for address report in Room 401.  You might also want to take proof of residence such as rent agreement or home register of wife but not sure if that is required (I did not have to have).

Thanks Lopori. I have a 12 month non-immigrant "0" with multiple entry good until July, 2005. But it says not extendable. Guess I'll have to see a lawyer to get an "0A" as I qualify with income but no money in bank. Passport expires early in 2006. I guess that is why they did not give an "0A" in New York.

Thanks Lopori. I have a 12 month non-immigrant "0" with multiple entry good until July, 2005. But it says not extendable. Guess I'll have to see a lawyer to get an "0A" as I qualify with income but no money in bank. Passport expires early in 2006. I guess that is why they did not give an "0A" in New York.

You do not need to make 90 day address report until you stay more than 90 days which can not happen with that visa until you extend it.

You can extend that visa regardless of the "no extension stamp". That has nothing to do with long stay type extension. But you are likely to be required to have a good portion of that 800k in a bank account. I would put 400k into an account and then apply for extension of stay with letter from embassy about your income. You can do that now or during the last 30 days of a future 90 day stay.