PAD Lay Siege On Government House, NBT TV Station

george

The latest prediction....

Police to disperse protest at Government House at 11pm.

BANGKOK: - People's Alliance for Democracy leader Chamlong Srimuang said police will disperse the rally at 11pm.

Speaking on stage at Government House, Chamlong said he was informed that police will raid the rally to evict the protesters at 11pm.

He told the crowd not to be afraid and to stick together.

-- The Nation 2008-08-27

He also told the crowd not to respond with violence, if the police gets violent. The also just mentioned that the government tried to cut the ASTV signal earlier..

http://wwitv.com/portal.htm?http://wwitv.c...nnels/b2973.htm

The above seems to be the only 24 hour coverage of what is going on inside. Does anyone have an internet channel where we can see what is going on outside?

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/

Sorry, that is the inside as well. I don't know of anything showing outside.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of 11 pm....

Interior minister asks protesters to leave Government House immediately

BANGKOK: - Interior Minister Kowit Wattana asked protesters to follow the court's order to get out of the Government House immediately.

Speaking in a Channel 11 programme on Wednesday night, Kowit said he and police have duties to protect the country.

"Now that the court has issued orders for the protesters to get out of the Government House and arrest warrants for People's Alliance for Democracy's leaders, the protesters should follow the court's order immediately," Kowit said.

He asked people who heard what he was saying to leave the area immediately.

--The Nation 2008-08-27

Good leaders are elected in a democratic society rather than leading riotous mobs on the street.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Thailand has something like 35 Million voters and here we have a mob of 30 thousand trying to force their political will on the rest of the country through street protests and general disruption of the community in Bangkok and the government.

Good leaders don't engage in electoral fraud either. I can't wait for 2 September to see if they get dissolved for the *second time*. It speaks volumes that they are already setting up the third incarnation of the party :-)

Do good leaders try to take over the government and send armed masked thugs on illegal drugs to take down NBT and stop freedom of the press??

BANGKOK: - People's Alliance for Democracy leader Chamlong Srimuang said police will disperse the rally at 11pm.

Speaking on stage at Government House, Chamlong said he was informed that police will raid the rally to evict the protesters at 11pm.

-- The Nation 2008-08-27

He also told the crowd not to respond with violence, if the police gets violent. The also just mentioned that the government tried to cut the ASTV signal earlier..

The above seems to be the only 24 hour coverage of what is going on inside. Does anyone have an internet channel where we can see what is going on outside?

No problem.

Earlier they announced inside, that several Universities are having their students marching towards the site in support. Looks like support is growing. I think their predictions are right...if they can hold out until tomorrow during the day, they will get lots of support from Isaan and other parts of the country.

"I'm ready to be arrested," Chamlong said. "If they come, we will let them arrest us. If they want to put us in jail, we'll go to jail. We will be here. We aren't going anywhere."

He drew laughter from his supporters when he said, "If we were afraid we would flee abroad" - a reference to former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who has sought political asylum in Britain

- New York Times / 28Aug2008

Will he be laughing when he is facing treason charges for trying to take down a legitimate government?? Those who laugh first laugh last!!

Echoing the Thailand Outlook report....

Protesters refuse to adhere to Court order

BANGKOK: - Protesters refused to follow Civil Court's order for them to get out of the Government House.

Their leaders said they will appeal the order on Thursday.

-- The Nation 2008-08-27

Good leaders are elected in a democratic society rather than leading riotous mobs on the street.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Thailand has something like 35 Million voters and here we have a mob of 30 thousand trying to force their political will on the rest of the country through street protests and general disruption of the community in Bangkok and the government.

Good leaders don't engage in electoral fraud either. I can't wait for 2 September to see if they get dissolved for the *second time*. It speaks volumes that they are already setting up the third incarnation of the party :-)

Do good leaders try to take over the government and send armed masked thugs on illegal drugs to take down NBT and stop freedom of the press??

2 things worth Googling...

the only arrested man identified in the Pre-PAD assault on NBT.... Nitirat Sapsomboon

and the "illegal drugs"...... Kratom

if they can hold out until tomorrow during the day, they will get lots of support from Isaan and other parts of the country.

Samak might regret his free bus fares and train rides...

Will he be laughing when he is facing treason charges for trying to take down a legitimate government?? Those who laugh first laugh last!!

We'll find out on September 2 whether its a legitimate government or a bunch of recycled electoral fraudsters.

My guess would be "fraudsters", unless Thaksin manages to pay of one of the judges first...but so far so good, they don't seem to be for sale ;-)

-- The Nation 2008-08-27

No problem.

Earlier they announced inside, that several Universities are having their students marching towards the site in support. Looks like support is growing. I think their predictions are right...if they can hold out until tomorrow during the day, they will get lots of support from Isaan and other parts of the country.

It is a big problem. It is a shame that people are supporting anti-democracy and breaking the law. It is a sad day for Thailand.

-- The Nation 2008-08-27

No problem.

It is a big problem. It is a shame that people are supporting anti-democracy and breaking the law. It is a sad day for Thailand.

I call non-violent demonstrations by the people against a corrupt government democracy. I don't call vote buying crooks democratic. Paying people 200 Baht or more per vote is not how the democratic system is suposed to work, I think.

Then again, election day, is one day, when our wives families don't know on the door from money, so maybe it is a good thing? lol

Everyone knows that Samak is a an embarassment of a PM and the PPP are just a bunch of thieves, even if was all done according to the laws. Everyone knows they have violated the spirit of those laws, but being nice diplomatic people we say "innocent until proven guilty" and wait for courts decisions.

PAD is not playing these niceties game anymore.

The courts can't catch all the criminals even if they try very hard, and there aren't enough laws to cover all possible transgressions. There MUST be a sense of propriety, there MUST be desire and commitment to follow the laws and set examples, and this government is doing exactly the opposite. They are playing catch me if you can game instead.

Many believe they should be allowed to twist and turn and run and duck and plunder the country until jail doors are shut on them with all appeals completely exhausted.

PAD has decided this won't do.

The country is going to the dogs and PAD are the only ones who really care - people sitting around wating for the process to take its natural course are tacitly approving it, in the name of "democracy". Yeah, right, half the parlament are relatives of political criminals, the PM is a self proclaimed nominee of a criminal fugitive, and is on his last appeal, and half the Cabinet are in various stages of court proceedings.

Calling this abomination "democracy" only cheapens the word and the concept.

Personally I'm among those who'd rather sit and wait a little bit more, but if PAD's patience have run out, I totally understand and support them in their drive.

>>>>

Don't forget that PPP, Matchima, and Chart Thai can all be dissolved for electoral fraud. Their electoral victory and the right to govern is legitimate only from strictly legal point of view and only because legal wheels need time to turn around.

It's all nice and proper to give them the benefit of the doubt but, honestly, these serial fraudsters don't deserve any, and PAD has decided that waiting for the courts is just a waste of time.

I know how it sounds - taking law into your own hands, but we are not talking about issues of life and death here, we are talking about thieves right to steal until they get caught. At worst they lose their jobs as MPs, not their freedom, not even their credit status. Their regular rights are not going to be violated, they'll only lose the right to steal, as I said.

At this point someone will surely say - but they represent people who elected them. Yeah, right. They all run under Thaksin's banner, telling people they are Thaksin's reps, they took his money, they made their pledges and promises, they flew to Hong Kong to get his approval for this and that, and now it's suddenly all about people.

I understand why PAD is not buying any of this bullshit, and others are too nice to call it what it is.

Great post. Samak, Toxin, Chalerm and friends of the PPP are just criminals and thieves who never have enough.

After the crimes the PAD have committed in the last few days your comments are a laugh at best.

-- The Nation 2008-08-27

No problem.

Let's hope.

-- The Nation 2008-08-27

No problem.

I call non-violent demonstrations by the people against a corrupt government democracy. I don't call vote buying crooks democratic. Paying people 200 Baht or more per vote is not how the democratic system is suposed to work, I think.

Then again, election day, is one day, when our wives families don't know on the door from money, so maybe it is a good thing? lol

You call taking over NBT with armed masked thugs non-violent!! Apparently you can't think.

IMPORTANT UPDATE I am looking at Google Earth right now, and there are no PAD members on the roof of Government House, nor outside in the grounds. They appear to have disappeared, possibly kidnapped?

i feel so sorry for you! some people are fighting for freedom, luck and their future with a clean government and you are trolling, trolling, trolling......if you cannot contribute more, why don't you just drink up and go to bed. :o

Well thats the 11PM deadline gone and there still appears to be no Police action against the protesters. They will surely take action in the dark hours to keep things away from the prying eyes of the media.

Cheers, Rick

Hope they last until tomorrow afternoon and you might see a few more white faces in the crowd, too ;-)

IMPORTANT UPDATE

I am looking at Google Earth right now, and there are no PAD members on the roof of Government House, nor outside in the grounds. They appear to have disappeared, possibly kidnapped?

:o:D :D :D :D :(

It saddens me that I'll never get back those three seconds I wasted looking at your post.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

I am looking at Google Earth right now, and there are no PAD members on the roof of Government House, nor outside in the grounds. They appear to have disappeared, possibly kidnapped?

:o:D:D:D:D:(

It saddens me that I'll never get back those three seconds I wasted looking at your post.

Life is full of disappointment.

IMPORTANT UPDATE I am looking at Google Earth right now, and there are no PAD members on the roof of Government House, nor outside in the grounds. They appear to have disappeared, possibly kidnapped?

i feel so sorry for you! some people are fighting for freedom, luck and their future with a clean government and you are trolling, trolling, trolling......if you cannot contribute more, why don't you just drink up and go to bed. :o

They are fighting to overthrow the government by unlawful means and you support them?? Perhaps you have been drinking too much. Do you think the PAD is clean by commiting treason??

They are fighting to overthrow the government by unlawful means and you support them?? Perhaps you have been drinking too much. Do you think the PAD is clean by commiting treason??

Any luck with those google suggestions?

It's hard to tell...sometimes NBT is cutting away to taped footage they filmed earlier and have been repeating...of ambulances and such... Sometimes...it's footage I haven't seen before... but hard to tell when it's live and taped...

PS... anyone know about those large, black colored police trucks they keep showing... Are those carriers for more police....or trucks to hold those who would be arrested????

Everyone knows that Samak is a an embarassment of a PM and the PPP are just a bunch of thieves, even if was all done according to the laws. Everyone knows they have violated the spirit of those laws, but being nice diplomatic people we say "innocent until proven guilty" and wait for courts decisions.

PAD is not playing these niceties game anymore.

The courts can't catch all the criminals even if they try very hard, and there aren't enough laws to cover all possible transgressions. There MUST be a sense of propriety, there MUST be desire and commitment to follow the laws and set examples, and this government is doing exactly the opposite. They are playing catch me if you can game instead.

Many believe they should be allowed to twist and turn and run and duck and plunder the country until jail doors are shut on them with all appeals completely exhausted.

PAD has decided this won't do.

The country is going to the dogs and PAD are the only ones who really care - people sitting around wating for the process to take its natural course are tacitly approving it, in the name of "democracy". Yeah, right, half the parlament are relatives of political criminals, the PM is a self proclaimed nominee of a criminal fugitive, and is on his last appeal, and half the Cabinet are in various stages of court proceedings.

Calling this abomination "democracy" only cheapens the word and the concept.

Personally I'm among those who'd rather sit and wait a little bit more, but if PAD's patience have run out, I totally understand and support them in their drive.

>>>>

Don't forget that PPP, Matchima, and Chart Thai can all be dissolved for electoral fraud. Their electoral victory and the right to govern is legitimate only from strictly legal point of view and only because legal wheels need time to turn around.

It's all nice and proper to give them the benefit of the doubt but, honestly, these serial fraudsters don't deserve any, and PAD has decided that waiting for the courts is just a waste of time.

I know how it sounds - taking law into your own hands, but we are not talking about issues of life and death here, we are talking about thieves right to steal until they get caught. At worst they lose their jobs as MPs, not their freedom, not even their credit status. Their regular rights are not going to be violated, they'll only lose the right to steal, as I said.

At this point someone will surely say - but they represent people who elected them. Yeah, right. They all run under Thaksin's banner, telling people they are Thaksin's reps, they took his money, they made their pledges and promises, they flew to Hong Kong to get his approval for this and that, and now it's suddenly all about people.

I understand why PAD is not buying any of this bullshit, and others are too nice to call it what it is.

Great post. Samak, Toxin, Chalerm and friends of the PPP are just criminals and thieves who never have enough.

After the crimes the PAD have committed in the last few days your comments are a laugh at best.

They are all as bad as one another and concerned with their self interests.

Under the terms of the law Samak, Toxin, Chalerm and many others are criminals ... the guys who broke into NBT are criminals ... the people who are occupying the grounds of Government House are criminals .... Pattaya is crammed full of criminals ... the world is full of criminals.

Nothing new or revealing about all this. Lock them all in a room together and throw away the key.