Birth Certificate

cookee68

me and my wife who is thai ( my wife is thai but i am british )are due to have our second child next month we live in the uk and there is no problem with getting a british birth certificate and passport for our child, but we also want a thai birth certificate and thai passport for our child when it is born, we are going back to thailand in 3 months time can we do it there, and if so where too, or have we got to apply to the thai embassey in london for it, does any one have any advise please

Edited by cookee68

me and my wife who is thai ( my wife is thai but i am british )are due to have our second child next month we live in the uk and there is no problem with getting a british birth certificate and passport for our child, but we also want a thai birth certificate and thai passport for our child when it is born, we are going back to thailand in 3 months time can we do it there, and if so where too, or have we got to apply to the thai embassey in london for it, does any one have any advise please

Apply at the Thai Embassy London.

My wife (Thai) and I have just been through this process and we had to travel to the Embassy in London, my 1 piece of advice, arrive very early, it's open from 9:30am - 12:30pm.

Now we are just waiting on his Thai birth certificate and passport to arrive, it takes 4-6 weeks, good luck.

My wife (Thai) and I have just been through this process and we had to travel to the Embassy in London, my 1 piece of advice, arrive very early, it's open from 9:30am - 12:30pm.

Now we are just waiting on his Thai birth certificate and passport to arrive, it takes 4-6 weeks, good luck.

thanks for that it just seems a pity that we couldnt do it in thailand while we are the for the month, cos you know what it is like to go in and out of london