What Is Wrong With Pattaya

fred2007

The only downside to Pattaya is rain.

Yes, I know rain is a necessity but getting from one place to another in a dry condition is impossible when the heavens open up.

I don't mind the evening downpour. The beers bars are a great place to find protection and watch the sodden pedestrians squish past.

The mid-morning downpour can be a real menace. How much coffee is safe to consume whilst waiting for dry conditions to return...that is, if you're lucky enough to be near a coffee shop at the time.

Pattaya will always be a great location, particularly with the absence of the grumpy old grumble bums as identified in this thread.

Listen to all your complaints about Pattaya and some positive posts it really makes me wonder

I have been in Thailand for just 1 year ( being here many times before) and I went to Pattaya for the first time a few weeks back and I must say it is a nice place, and yes the beach might be a bit dirty but so is the one in Phuket or any beach you go to. And I am not worried about bars or night clubs.

In my opinion stop picking on Pattaya we have members here, who don't live in LOS and if you don't like Pattaya go to Kings Cross or the Reperbahn or where ever.

Yep. And as far as beaches go, a short hike around the corner and a ride on a baht bus and one is in jomtien for about 20 baht. The beach there is fine for swimming. Certainly as good as any water in Los Angeles, California and much warmer. Pattay is a great place for a stopover or a few weeks of mindless rest and recreation for a pretty dam_n good price.

Funny thing is on my last trip in March I was in super agogo down off of walking street. The lights were flicked on and off and all the girls put their tops on! Then two police in uniform and one guy in civilian clothers came, walked around the stage then left. The tops came off. Too funny. Really now.

The worst Thai's trying (& succeeding in) ripping off the worst falang.

A spectator sport.

They should rename the joint "Mayhem".

And this is coming from a guy who lives in the dregs of thailand,so whats your beach like and how many masks a year do you use.

Pattaya,Pattaya love it.

Me too...just about when I was 8 years old:

Sorry, it's an old postcard and my shaky hands, but should convey the idea:

Was that taken from Pattaya Park tower? I was up there yesterday, and the view is amazing.

It's only from that height one can realise that whatever the past, Pattaya is no longer about us farangs, as there is a vast city of Thai residents, and our little corner of it is just a speck in comparison. No wonder few signs bother to include English translation anymore.

I was also up at the food fair north end of Beach Road, and not a single sign in English.

I guess that we are becoming irrelevant to Pattaya, whatever we may like to think.

• 1 month later...