• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My choices:

Indian

Thai

Mexican

My wifes: Indian

English, particularly lamb dishes, which I find unusual as most Thais that I know turn their noses up at lamb.

Thai

My wife now simply refuses to go to Thai restaurants in the U.K., saying that she can cook better herself, and must admit that I agree. Ask her if she wants to eat an Indian meal and it's running shoes on!

I don't like Thai food!

I can'e really enumerate them, but favorites include: Italian, Brazilian (in fact most of South American, delicous churrasco!), French, Middle East, Greek.. come to think of it, perhaps I live in the wrong place .. I love food from everywhere but Asia ...

Forgot to add my 3 favorite

Thai

Indian

Italian

Tornado...no not the Sugar Hut,don't think I can afford to buy a glass of water in there :D. Your mate must be rolling as I heard it s very expensive!

Jockstar..I have looked up on the net for a Thai restaurant on Uxbridge Rd, and I only found the one in Ealing which is too far away,unless there is another Uxbridge Rd in East London?

Nogut...have your checked your cholesterol level lately? :D But I must admit for the English food I love the Black Pudding...oh and the food in Harvester restaurant.

Sua Yai..yes I meant that one, been there a few time but my dates paid for me so no problem with the price :o , having said that the one in Gants Hill is the same price but not as good food.

my Chesnut and Parsnip croquettes

My Salmon Wellington, Beatifull layers of mushroom rissotto, sliced hard boiled eggs, dill and salmon. lovingly wrapped in golden filo pastry...yummy

My port and cranberry gravy with roast turkey

I plan my christmas dinner menu two months before the event, I will be adding moo wa to the stuffing now that my mate Yo has given me his mums recipe, and I think as a starter I will add that ham and onion sallad with chilli, fish sauce and lime that I had the other night...anyone know what that is called????

:o

1. Flint's BBQ, Oakland CA.

My favorite! My dad used to bring that home when he worked swing shift and we'd load up on hot links in middle of the night. I don't think they knew quite what to make of us at the San Pablo Ave. Flint's when he'd take me there and I was this little white kid insisting on hot sauce and my dad would add that he hoped the links weren't in the smoker too long and losing their kick. :-)

Haven't had that in years. Are they still operating? I vaguely remember them being closed from a kitchen fire on more than one occasion.

2. LA style mexican food.

3. California style japanese food.

Thai food stinks...literally and figuratively....

I find most food ( that I have tasted ) in the US lacks flavour , but tries to compensate with quantity.

The subtle nuances of Thai spice and herbs must elude our dear tutsipepperoniwarrior...

Haven't had that in years. Are they still operating? I vaguely remember them being closed from a kitchen fire on more than one occasion.

yes indeed Flint's is still around with all of that firey Oaktown goddness! The shop on Shattuck was closed for a good long while, but has reopened, haven't been there in quite awhile, though...my favorite Oakland brisket has to be from the Everett and Jones on Fruitvale, which is right down the street---although it is only outstanding about 25% of the time, too much of the time it is way too tough--but score on a good day and it literally melts in your mouth. Everett and Jones hot sauce certainly gives Flint's a run for their money as well.

Anyone 'round these parts ever had the incredible $2 Vietnamese sandwiches at Cam Huong Deli--Oakland ChinaTown? mmmm, think I'll wander down there for lunch today

oh yeah, most beloved food:

Japanese

Thai

Mexican

1. American

2. Mexican (but not Tex-Mex that's too picante)

3. Italian-American

I hate Thai food. I detest 95% of it. I had no idea it was that terrible. I only eat a couple of mai pet things like kaow pat gai (I'm a cowpat guy). My usual excuse is that Thai food is too spicy (true 80% of the time), but it also smells and tastes like the deposits in the toilet. And 99% of all Thais don't understand what 'mai pet' means.

That's just my personal opinion expressed to farangs. There are three sacred things in Thailand: Buddhism, the monarchy, and Thai food.

1. Italian

2. Chinese (not that crappy mall stuff----Chinatown Chinese

3. Thai

The Thai food in America is just bland....we just don't have the right ingredients. No Galangal, kaffir lime leaves, birdshit peppers, etc. My favorite dish is fried morning glory...only available in Thailand. :o

Chon...if you call eating fire and attempting to eat anything swimming in naam plaa 'subtle' what do you call strong flavored?

Get yerself on down to Flint's BBQ the next time you're in Oakland as recommended by myself and other posters to sample the best of US ethnic cuisine... ( an' I don't like pepperoni...best pizza in the world is at the Shakey's outlet on Telegraph in Oakland about 5 mins from Flint's...The Tijuana Terror - fresh ground sausage, fresh lemon slices with peel included and jalapeno pepers on a scale from 1 to 10...heaven)

Chon...if you call eating fire and attempting to eat anything swimming in naam plaa 'subtle' what do you call strong flavored?

Get yerself on down to Flint's BBQ the next time you're in Oakland as recommended by myself and other posters to sample the best of US ethnic cuisine...  ( an' I don't like pepperoni...best pizza in the world is at the Shakey's outlet on Telegraph in Oakland about 5 mins from Flint's...The Tijuana Terror - fresh ground sausage, fresh lemon slices with peel included and jalapeno pepers on a scale from 1 to 10...heaven)

• 2 weeks later...

How about 3 meals in one day.

Breakfast.

Eggs,bacon,sausage,baked beans,mushrooms,tinned tomato,black pudding,toast and marmalade,tea.

Lunch

Steak and kidney pie,roast potatoes,cauliflower cheese,fresh Brussels spouts,swede.

Dinner

Fried Haddok and chips

Supper

Mc'Victies biscuits and Horlicks

British food at its best.

Wow I feel hungry

1: Roast Dinner (Beef, Yorkshire Pudding and all the trimmings)

2: Full English Breakfast

3: Fish & Chips with mushy peas or/and with curry

Thai food, not a big fan to be honest but dont mind Kapow Kai dow, Moo Pad kalam plee and ratna mee krorb aint too bad.

Probably spelt them wrong but thats how I pronounce them, maybe thats why I get the funny looks from the waiter/waitress

1. Italian

2. Chinese (not that crappy mall stuff----Chinatown Chinese

3. Thai

The Thai food in America is just bland....we just don't have the right ingredients. No Galangal, kaffir lime leaves, birdshit peppers, etc. My favorite dish is fried morning glory...only available in Thailand. :o

I find it hard to believe you can't get those ingredients, we can get everything available in LOS here in Adelaide, yes even morning glory.