How Long To Be A Master Pianist?

stanny

Sup guys, I'm gonna leave for Thai and will have tons of free time. Thought I pick up playing the piano. How long and what needed to be able to start playing Chopin's Nocturnes. I really don't care about reading notes and certification. I just wanna be able to play Chopin's stuff. I'm in love with him.

How long is a piece of string?

Oh oh now I remember......it's actually "him" - Richard Clayderman, that is - still have his cassettes somewhere

Yeah.....he is the BEST among all 3 "richard"!

Why did P'steve have to pull my skirt like that? I thought he knows EVERYTHING!

thanks....paperboy

Some people ask stupid questions on this forum................ other people ask reeeeaally stupid questions...... it´s pretty obvious which category this question falls into........... :D

And then we have the people here that only contribute with remarks about other people.

:o

Just want to tell you that a real piano cannot keep the tuning because of the tropical climat here and will sound terrible after awhile but there are digtal piano to buy here to a good price.

I use a yamaha digital piano myself for about 30.000 THB and it have exellent sound so i would say you get a lot for that kind of money and you are able to play whit headset in the middle of the night to so no need to worry about the nabours.

I am retired musician myself and like you i cannot read notes and so on so good luck whit your hobby as a pianist here but be aware to take anykind of work as musician whithout work permit.

Just when i thought Thaivisa couldn't go any further downhill, we have a new contender for most idiotic question ever posted.

Why stop at being a master pianist? If you got up early enough you might want to write a Booker Prize winning novel, found a new school of philosophy and discover a cure for idiocy?

Lazy git.

Edited by bendix

Just when i thought Thaivisa couldn't go any further downhill, we have a new contender for most idiotic question ever posted.

Why stop at being a master pianist? If you got up early enough you might want to write a Booker Prize winning novel, found a new school of philosophy and discover a cure for idiocy?

Lazy git.

Well I just finished a paint by numbers water colour of some lilies.

How long will it take me to be the next Keith Haring?

Minus the rampant homosexuality, just somewhat metrosexual is enough.

One good tip is to get an instrument that encourages you to play

and want to play.

A good second hand Yamaha upright U20 will set you back about 65,000 baht

and will probably come with free tuning for a year or 2

if that's not practical, then a good digital piano such as the

Yamaha p120 or current equivalent will make an acceptable, but

never equal alternative.

I have one of each, and the 'real' piano is SO much better to play than the electronic one.

Have some lessons, take some time . . . you will get out what you put into it!

There is a direct correlation between hours put in and skills developed.

A person who puts in 15-20 minutes a day could expect to progress by 1 grade a year

reaching the top grade in 8 years.

Double the time in, halve the time to achieve.

30-40 mins a day then 4 years - and so on.

The easier Nocturns start at around grade 5/6, the more difficult are deff post Grade 8

Some Beethoven is not too taxing, and can give you a lot of satisfaction

as well as sounding good too.

Listen to music you like, try and find pieces that motivate you to practice.

Practice music that is 'too hard' for you, it's good to stretch your boudaries.

A 'master' pianist - maybe a concert pianist, would probably put in a working

week of practice so about 8 hours a day 5 days a week + concerts and rehearsals!

enjoy . . .

David