Two University Students Shot As They March To Pm's Residence

george

Notice how the fuedalist-Nation newspaper blames the police (in a subtle way?)

E.G. Army Good! Disciplined, Patronistic, Loyal!!

Police Bad - Thaksinites, Uneducated, Undisciplined, Untrustworthy, Disloyal!!

The Nation is a shameful, disgraceful rag of the priviledged class. Feudal As-wipe in a sense..he, he.

In reality both forces are greedy mafias..

despite the photos and names they carry on their crests. A joke.

In other words feudal fiefdoms run for the benefit of their leaders,

whom all below kow tow too. And the patronage flows bottom to top to to middle.

And so at what point did you start this blanket trust of Thai policemen?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either Samak resigns or the PAD goes back home for good.

Why should the PAD go?

Where is Thaksin? He wanted to prove his innocence in a Thai court! Where is the coward? Samak wants to protect the democracy? Ha, what democracy? Their election victory was paid by Mr. Thaksin. An for Samak, the buffalo, Thaksin is God, Buddha, whatever.

Go on PAD, it is worth to fight for it!

Almost all institutions (Universities, Chamber of Commerce....etc. etc.) call for Samak to resign. If he won't, I hope that the military puts an end to this shameful government. Thailand and the Thai people deserve something better! And we all want to rest in peace, enjoy our daily work and life. Go, Samak!

Good Night.

The rich will get even richer, the poor poorer and corruption will simply change hands - not go away!

Would you trust more in some rural village leaders to decide for the Kingdom of Thaland? Come on, you are joking!

And imho the richer will get richer, the poor will get poorer, no matter who rules the country. Kind of global capitalism.

The shooting happened although police have provided safety along the way.

Is the SOE still in force? No public assembly of five or more for political purposes? Is this because they have yet to move against PAD so they must allow other demonstrations?

spelling correction

Edited by RadioCityMike

Why do people talk only about PAD and PPP? does Thailand only have 2 choices, what about the guys who came second in Decembers election?

The current opposition.

We had an active discussion in the Samak to resign thread. Many think Abhist is a good guy, but we are surprised that he has not shown leadership skills through all of this. It seems like this would be a good time for him to show his abilities, but he seems more inclined to stand back and wait for everything to crumble around him. Someone noted that the democrats had asked for some free time on TV but were turned down. It was also noted that the democrats aren't willing to acknowlege Isan as a voting block so they are relegated to 2nd place.

University students joining political turmoils... not a great idea.

Students and politics, they belong together.

And why not?

Fact is that students the world over, have been and will always be, politically active.

You might say this is a part of their education.

Two university students shot as they march to PM's residence

BANGKOK: -- Two men on a motorcycle shot two Ramkamhaeng University students who joined a march to Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej's residence on Bungkhum district on Thursday night, police said.

The injured were identified as Anusak Sieng-oon and Apichart Polrit, both 22. Anusak was shot as left leg while Apichart at left arm. Witnesses said the motorcycle had Nakhon Sawan licence plate.

The injured and 100 other students of Ramkamhaeng University were marching to residence of prime minister in Soi Nawamin 81.

They were passing Klongchan flat when the attack took place.

Lardprao police chief Pol Col Somsak Bunsaeng said two men on a motorcycle shot the students

The students started the march at about 8.30pm to the PM's residence to protest his government.

The shooting happened although police have provided safety along the way.

Bad news yes. I beleive this was tto send a message.

-- The Nation 2008-09-04

Why do people talk only about PAD and PPP? does Thailand only have 2 choices, what about the guys who came second in Decembers election?

The current opposition.

We had an active discussion in the Samak to resign thread. Many think Abhist is a good guy, but we are surprised that he has not shown leadership skills through all of this. It seems like this would be a good time for him to show his abilities, but he seems more inclined to stand back and wait for everything to crumble around him. Someone noted that the democrats had asked for some free time on TV but were turned down. It was also noted that the democrats aren't willing to acknowlege Isan as a voting block so they are relegated to 2nd place.

I think Kuhn Abhist is trying to keep a low profile while the bricks start flying.

And will show more leadership as the dust clears, with maybe less mud on him because if it.

Next I absolutly think the Democrats think of Isaan as a voting block,

it's just 'powerful forces' violently prevent their having a dialog in Issan.

They try to go up there, but their stages are smashed and speakers beaten,

and would YOU repeatedly walk into that while a sober rational man?

The rich will get even richer, the poor poorer and corruption will simply change hands - not go away!

Would you trust more in some rural village leaders to decide for the Kingdom of Thaland? Come on, you are joking!

And imho the richer will get richer, the poor will get poorer, no matter who rules the country. Kind of global capitalism.

This is true in EVERY country to some extent. Look at us here in the States now, perfect example of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.

Just hope all ends soon at my beloved hometown. My mom is there now and gives me constant updates about the situation.

Why should the PAD go?

Where is Thaksin? He wanted to prove his innocence in a Thai court! Where is the coward? Samak wants to protect the democracy? Ha, what democracy? Their election victory was paid by Mr. Thaksin. An for Samak, the buffalo, Thaksin is God, Buddha, whatever.

Almost all institutions (Universities, Chamber of Commerce....etc. etc.) call for Samak to resign. If he won't, I hope that the military puts an end to this shameful government. Thailand and the Thai people deserve something better! And we all want to rest in peace, enjoy our daily work and life. Go, Samak!

Good Night.

Thaksin left says he could get fair trial. Don't know this to be true. Did he know what was coming?

Why should the PAD go?

Good Night.

Good night to democracy.

If you read the threads you know the arguments.

Why do you want more blood??

Really? Is this a Chinese province or something?

Probably an attempt to provoke violence and thus a coup. I would almost think that the PAD has the most to win by shooting students

Being a student for a few years again MAY do YOU some good. :o

A very tragic incident but saying that students(the future of a country) should not be politically involved is incorrect.

Hopefully this is not the start of something worse.

looks like a job done by PAD. so that they can make the ram uni student angry. They have the largest number of student and history of striking against the government.

Really? When was PAD`s last attack on students by two men on a motorcycle?

Never.

Where the F*&5/ do you see a pattern here Clouseau?

Why should the PAD go?

Good Night.

Thaksin left says he could get fair trial. Don't know this to be true. Did he know what was coming?

Thaksin left because he`s a coward, always was, still is. When he was in hot water he would retreat up North and run government from there to hide from journalists and avoid facing the truth and consequences of his selfish acts.He got so bad at it he now has to hide in the UK with wife and kids, all involved in his intricate web of lies. No he didn`t see it coming, he thought his party would rule for years and years, unfortunately, when a party is made of mostly criminals, it`s hard to keep a ship balanced and afloat.

Wow, Jesus.2 students shot....sorry but this IS an everyday occurance (normally nobody gives a toss)

Sorry also but this is not a "game" for the kids to play with.Europe etc.maybe not here..

Too many "academics" talking crap and being knowledgeable again.Thai Academics that is.

Really? Two marching students are shot on a daily basis in Thailand?

Academics can`t talk crap any more than the present shameful PM Samak Sudaravej who still hangs on to the idea that a single student was killed years ago, with his involvement, when the count is at 43 I believe.

Just another day in the TRT-PPP party ideology where hiring hit men and thugs is often necessary to compensate for their lack of brains when dealing with such events. Like the other night of tthe deadly clash when drunken DAAD hired thugs marched their way, weapons in hand TOWARDS a peaceful PAD rally. An earlier poster also mentions the same happening when the Democrats tried setting up a stage and rally in their election campaign and their stage was demolished and attendees physically attacked.

Edited by Tony Clifton

Why not? They have no rights? Thank you Mr. Samak for further escalation by not resigning!

Who will stop the Buffalo, please!

If this Porkhead is gone, we are all fine!

he he he talking about Buffalo's head..????? look who is talking....

:D:o:D

Please use your head. PAD had been blamed for everything by this government. I was in the Government house when police attacked us. They used gun, your guys should find out more on the fact.I'd suggest that you should go to the GH to see how peaceful they are. Those students are the heroe, I really respect them and also I beleive in justice. PAD is a big group of people who want to get rid of corruptions. You all know how bad it is. Please open your eyes and use your head.

:D

A very tragic incident but saying that students(the future of a country) should not be politically involved is incorrect.

Hopefully this is not the start of something worse.

looks like a job done by PAD. so that they can make the ram uni student angry. They have the largest number of student and history of striking against the government.

Why should the PAD go?

Good Night.

I visit thailand during the last elections and yes they paid the people for the votes,and they were proud to do so.....and to tell and show to us farang.it was and is a big farce,come one thai people,you have the right to vote again soon!dont let anyone buy your vote!!

Feel sorry for all thai people and farang there, and hope this will end soon!

OHH...REALLY!!!...some "big" people are sometimes like children...happens very often HERE!!

So true - just like the rich chinese-thai 'kid' who ran down the people at that bus stop. Where was the justice there? You're so right.

Bet he had a wristband though..Jing Jing, eh, funcat? Does that make him 'better' than the populist poor people who want a bit of "your" country? The more expensive car one drives and the more yellow one wears...they are just so much more 'worthy' of Thailand aren't they? Is that it???

The Law in Thailand:

1. you have enough money to pay the police = You can do what ever you want

2. You have no money to pay the police = You will go to the Jail for what the Guy under Number 1 did.

It'll probably be the first, so get it over quickly please.

It won't be over.

Samak resigns, and PPP selects a new PM, and PAD hates the PPP, so PAD is back on the streets.

Then PPP dissolves the parliament, Taksin loyalists form the QQQ party, wich gets elected. PAD hates Taksin, so PAD is back on the streets.

Most Thai voters like Taksin, but the PPP hates Taksin. PAD can't take the trouble to educate the voters, so PAD wants to destroy democracy. Thai people like democracy. Maybe we'll wind up with a legal dictator at Siam Paragon and a pirate parliament at Pantip Plaza (:>)=

The only way out I see is for the PPP and PAD to compromise, saving face for both sides. That will happen when they both get tired.

Seems if my memory is correct

The protesting students of the 60's, now are the leaders of society in the western world

Maybe if Thailand is lucky we are educating a better government of tomorrow

If you need to see if Thailand is divided on this matter all you need is read this thread, how can the Thai people find peace when we can not agree on this thread

I remember that this was the start of the American Civil War, the country being divided in ideas, and millions died

My wife an I pray every day that a solution can be found, where both side give just a little

Edited by tezzainoz

Looking at the wounds of the "students" (a very loose catch-all term not entirely comparable to a student in the West) it seems like almost accidental, i.e. not targeted. Might as well have been some house wife or jobless alcoholic. "Students" in these days are quite content killing each other and if possible, taking some innocent bystanders with them. I consider this an event that cannot clearly be attributed to an escalation or even to one of the two parties. It has been said already in this thread, but for all we know someone may have been angry at somebody for staring too long at his girlfriend.

When I read the news these days (BK Post and Nation) I feel it would be more helpful for "the cause" if a few journalists would be shot instead.

Notice how the fuedalist-Nation newspaper blames the police (in a subtle way?)

E.G. Army Good! Disciplined, Patronistic, Loyal!!

Police Bad - Thaksinites, Uneducated, Undisciplined, Untrustworthy, Disloyal!!

The Nation is a shameful, disgraceful rag of the priviledged class. Feudal As-wipe in a sense..he, he.

In reality both forces are greedy mafias..

despite the photos and names they carry on their crests. A joke.

I didn't see any of those descriptions in the very short span of the OP article.

I guess that is the epitome of subtle where absolutely nothing is stated, but an entire litany of meanings is inferred.

Kindah funny, i left my own country because of there political point of view.

And here farangs are talking about what is happening here in Thailand. To tell you the truth i dont care to much what happens in the world :o

It happens anyway, it's sad tho what happens, but i got other fish to fry, mainly me own :D

Although yet again a blackout this night on Koh Samui

Edited by Michel1980