Shoes?

Klyph

lol..VERY girly topic!! :o

But...im here..so.. FLIP-FLOPS (but nice fancy strapped proper sole silver flip flops.:D ..although still love my trusty black rubber flip-flops that ive had for 3 years :D )

Oh, I love shoes. I focus a lot of energy on my toes cos I'm generally too large for any of the itty-bitty clothes here. So to Klyph's question, last night I had a pedicure and then went to Sky Bar for drinks with friends. You have to wear a shoe to suit the occasion, right? So I broke out my stiletto-heeled gold strappy sandals bought for $8 in Cambodia. This afternoon's book shopping at Emporium will see me in my trusty 199 baht heels from a shop in Silom - since I own three identical pairs I'm not yet sure which colour. Embarrassed to say I only own 2 pairs of flat shoes...

Although I love the fact i can just slip on flip-flops, I really would love to wear heels sometimes, but in flats im still quite a lot taller than the average Thai, so i feel awkward enough already. :o

Are some of you rather tall in heels? Does it make you feel awkward?

been chucking it down all day here so went out in my vintage (30+ year old) argentenian cowboy boots, bought off ebay for 25 quid, they are fab, really cool & timless looking.

Im afraid to buy shoes on ebay coz i can not try it on. I always got a problem of finding shoes in thailand even im thai coz i wear size 7 (UK size) or about 41 in thai really not sure. i love boots but most of boots i saw in shop im sure i will never have chance to use it in Bangkok hahahahah.

I am an exact 7 but have a high instep so have trouble with boots. These are the only shoes i ever got from ebay or 2nd hand but I can't stress enough how fabulous they are, they just look amazing but I did have to stretch the bridge out a bit as they cut into the top of my feet due to my instep but they are a perfect fit now. :o

Are some of you rather tall in heels? Does it make you feel awkward?

I'm 5'7" -- certainly tall by Thai standards, and before I met my husband (who is exactly my height) I'd wear high heeled sandals or boots on a night out. Something about towering over a sea of heads made me stand all the taller. I kinda got a kick out if it. :o

Oh shoes shoes shoes. I have th most beauuuuutiful pair of gold heels that I would love to wear but unfortunately as sbk said - swanky shoes are just not suited to island life. But god how much would l like my cowboy boots for rainy season! the cost of shipping them over would be criminal though. Definitely getting some wellies this year though...anyone seen any funky coloured ones anywhere? They have loads in the UK now....

I have big feet - size 8 - and I find shoe shop terribly depressing here. Mango and Zara had reasonably priced shoes in my size. I find 9 west and the like a bit over my budget. Malaysia has some fantastic shoes, and really cheap, but I have the same size problems as I do here. I guess I'll just stick with my trusty hippos (the comfiest flip flops in the world).

I have big feet - size 8 - and I find shoe shop terribly depressing here.

Size 8???? I have size 10-11, 41, and that's what I call big feet! And even then, beleive it or not, I manage finding shoes here, although it requires a hel_l lot of patience and lot of walking around and looking... :o

what country sizing are you basing the size 10-11 on royalorchid? I beleive mssabai is talking about a UK size 8 which is a size 42, a 41 is a UK size 7, which I am & you can find shoes in LOS that size but as you say, it is a bit of a trek & hit & miss :o

hehehehe the men started their own shoethread in the generaltopics :o

LMAO!!! They can be adorable sometimes, no?

It's extremely hard to find small-sized men's shoes, btw.

I'm a US7.5/Eu39. Most stores have 40 as the smallest.

Since arriving here, I havent worn socks outdoors yet!

I think my feet would melt! :D

what country sizing are you basing the size 10-11 on royalorchid? I beleive mssabai is talking about a UK size 8 which is a size 42, a 41 is a UK size 7, which I am & you can find shoes in LOS that size but as you say, it is a bit of a trek & hit & miss :o

Oh look, there I go....

big-foot-steve.jpg

hehehehe the men started their own shoethread in the generaltopics :D

..and they have nearly as many replies but in a shorter time. The OP said there was a "real girls´blouse discussion going on in the ladies section", but whos the bigger girls blouse now :o

whats disappointing for me is

there hasnt been any photographs to ogle over!

cmon girls, if you can put all those men pics up (no comment about them HAHA), surely you can top those with sexy shoes that will have me drooling?

wheres Hush with her sexy shoes anyway? she still owe me that pair she has in her avatar!

what I have on today is this one, but in black colour rather than red :o

post-22734-1220936364_thumb.jpg

post-22734-1220936373_thumb.jpg

whats disappointing for me is

there hasnt been any photographs to ogle over!

cmon girls, if you can put all those men pics up (no comment about them HAHA), surely you can top those with sexy shoes that will have me drooling?

wheres Hush with her sexy shoes anyway? she still owe me that pair she has in her avatar!

what I have on today is this one, but in black colour rather than red :D

Sexy, Mig!!! :o nice shoes

I am about 3 inches shorter than my husband so can wear heels, but don't get to very often. Kinda hard to wear heels when the venues you are visiting aren't paved :o

OK Miggie. here are some shoes:

I do like these Jimmy Choo shoes :

31050_in_dl.jpg

A tad b&d there :D

But have to say these Manolo Blahnik's are quite nice as well:

NMX08AV_mn.jpg

hehehehe the men started their own shoethread in the generaltopics :o

:D I saw that topic so I came to Lady Forums to check out.

I haven't gone out today so.......... a pair of black plastic shoes 99 Baht bought in a local fair. :D Easy to get dry in rainy days. No worry if dogs bite. But they won't bite anything having my smell on.

HOw many of you have gone out and bought a pair of shoes fully knowing that you probably wont ever wear them? (I confess to have done it a couple of times. Then I would just take out of my wardrobe from time to time to drool and ogle over. Bit sad really.... :o )

really eek?

I wear ALL the shoes I buy. if they turn out to be not so comfy then I have to RELUCTANTLY give it away. but ones I like and wear a lot (usually my black ones) I will keep wearing and dont want to throw them out even when they start to look quite worn out :D

the jimmy choo thing is a bit too high for me. I only learnt to wear heels in the last 3 or so years ....so have to go slow

Klyph - those are nice, but cant see myself wearing it though. not just how high the heels are, but the bows make me feel like a present to be unwrapped HAHA

gonna try and find pic of one pair I dont have here, but quite miss......

today am wearing loafers, in case anybody cared to know :o

by the way Eek, whats your shoe size :D maybe I can help take them off you HAHA