New Honda Jazz

Spaniel

Well here we go again...

For myself since I have driven 11000Km in it since May 20th I do have to say that I love it. Very good and when I compare the Jazz I compare it to the other cars that I have owned. A Triton 3.2GLS, Vigo 2.5, and the Yaris.

I love my jazz, I keep stealing looks at it whenever I can, I think it is nice and sexy. The engine is quiet and smooth, my friend wants one now after I got mine. Have a test drive and you will see what I mean.

Some people like them, some people dislike them, do not compare the jazz with an E-class benz or a 5 series BMW, if you know what I mean.

Good luck.

Snowflake,,,Thanks for the reply. Looks like you're the only TV member with a new Jazz.

No he is not, I have just purchased one but have only had it a few days, so probably too soon for an accurate view.

However, I am really pleased with and it, an ideal car for my partner and I in Bangkok, and occasional drives into the country. It is comfortable, drives well and looks nice, and whilst it early days a friend who has had, an earlier model, for some time swears by it.

Snowflake,,,Thanks for the reply. Looks like you're the only TV member with a new Jazz.

No he is not, I have just purchased one but have only had it a few days, so probably too soon for an accurate view.

However, I am really pleased with and it, an ideal car for my partner and I in Bangkok, and occasional drives into the country. It is comfortable, drives well and looks nice, and whilst it early days a friend who has had, an earlier model, for some time swears by it.

No he's not rte-emoticon.gif

Do a search, plenty of posts on the Jazz.

I got mine July 1, done 8600 KM since. Very happy, economy average 14km/l, long distance upto to 19+.

Easy to park and drive, very comfortable, easiest to get in for tall people, and I love the USB music option.

Cheap to run on gasohol 91

Ordered my new Jazz sv model will report back October 11th as we get it on the 10th in that lovely blue colour, wife excited first car ever. Wish they would give some discounts on them but instead they have just upped the price 10000 baht... guess the recession has not yet hit Thailand.

Hi Spaniel,

Go see the new city! It's nicer than the jazz! We want buy a jazz but we see the city yesterday an that looks better than the jazz.

Regards peter

I had a look at the new Honda City on the opening day down here in the South. I can see why many people will buy the CIty and I sure has a lovely red colour option, which I would have picked if I wanted one. Unfortunatly I did not feel that the car is up to the same standards as the Jazz.

My friend who really wants a car now, wanted to wait to see if he wanted the City instead of the Jazz. He does no longer feel that strongly about the City. Nice as it is, just not to fresh.

I felt that I was looking at a European honda civic just a few years back when I was looking at it. Also the fabric on the inside was poor.

I do have to confess that I did walk into the showroom a bitt worried since I bought my Jazz in May, I left quite happily that I made that choice!

I am not objective as I love my car!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Spaniel,

Go see the new city! It's nicer than the jazz! We want buy a jazz but we see the city yesterday an that looks better than the jazz.

Regards peter

I had a look at the new Honda City on the opening day down here in the South. I can see why many people will buy the CIty and I sure has a lovely red colour option, which I would have picked if I wanted one. Unfortunatly I did not feel that the car is up to the same standards as the Jazz.

My friend who really wants a car now, wanted to wait to see if he wanted the City instead of the Jazz. He does no longer feel that strongly about the City. Nice as it is, just not to fresh.

I felt that I was looking at a European honda civic just a few years back when I was looking at it. Also the fabric on the inside was poor.

I do have to confess that I did walk into the showroom a bitt worried since I bought my Jazz in May, I left quite happily that I made that choice!

I am not objective as I love my car!

I just got my new Jazz last week. So far I am very happy with everything. Small car but plenty of room for me (185 cm, 90 kilos); smooth ride, easy to operte etc.

the old jazz is better, the new jazz seating position is smaller, and the biggest gripe for me is the tiptronic gearbox.

the old vtec jazz you could select to put it into a semi-manual mode and it'll stay there for as long as you wanted, and you had control over the gears. the new vtec jazz you select a gear, it'll hold it for about 10 seconds then switch to a higher range gear. useless.