Best International School In Bkk

Dr. Burrito

Whic one of these do you rate as the best?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Looking into the not to distant future, Little Burrito is going to need some schooling unless I want to put him on permanent payroll. Since I don't think that's a healthy option, I'm starting to explore the matter.

I've got my general ideas of a few places from various conversations, but given the amount of posters on here, I'm always willing to look at other input when offered. Giving Bangkok Proper, meaning, not on the Thonburi side of the river, I'm pretty open to getting the little dude as good an education as I can.

I'm sure some of you folks have experiences and reasons for opinions. I thought I would be so humble as to ask.

Looking into the not to distant future, Little Burrito is going to need some schooling unless I want to put him on permanent payroll. Since I don't think that's a healthy option, I'm starting to explore the matter.

I've got my general ideas of a few places from various conversations, but given the amount of posters on here, I'm always willing to look at other input when offered. Giving Bangkok Proper, meaning, not on the Thonburi side of the river, I'm pretty open to getting the little dude as good an education as I can.

I'm sure some of you folks have experiences and reasons for opinions. I thought I would be so humble as to ask.

I might need it too.

How much? 20K US$ per year? (In Tokyo it is about that amount).

What a strange list...

For as long as I can remember, many decades certainly, the International School of Bangkok (better known as ISB) has been widely accepted as the leading American-system school in Thailand while Bangkok Pattana has been accepted as the leading British-system school.

Yet you left off both of those schools completely and included instead all the third-rate entrepreneurial hustles being hyped by their Thai-family owners trying to make a quick buck. Very odd indeed.

I'd definately say it's a toss up between Pattana or ISB, depending on where you're from. Silly poll.

P!ss off! I made the poll because I don't know, not because I do. Duh! If you know the riight institutions and know which ones are the hustlers, I'm here to listen and read.

I made the list based on limited knowledge and thought I inferred as much.

If you don't want to help, fart off and go make your highly superior poll.

Jackass!!

Steven, I think you may be thinking of Ekamai International School. The school used to be called Seven Day Adventist; kind of explains the 'heavy Christian slant.'

I used to tutor a student who was enrolled there and he said it was very religious.

They may have dropped their former name to give themselves a less 'fundamentalist' image.

Didn't you find anything more boring to talk about?

Come on. Don't be a jerk. An awful lot of expats are concerned about issues of daily life here, and where to send their kids to school certainly looms large among those issues.

If you're not interested, go away; but don't pee on people who have interests that are more substantive than tonight's price for a blow job.

I agree with OAH; Burrito's post seems pretty straight forward: He's asking for opinions on shools for his kid. Maybe if he asked where to get the best blow job

you spanks would be more accomodating :o .

I am an ex teacher who has tutored many international students and I have had much feedback from their parents on the quality of the schools they sent their children to. The two best American based international schools are probably the

International School of Bangkok and Ruamrudee International School. RIS also has a Swiss Section which is an offshoot for Euro brats mostly using German as the language of instruction. Patana, as said before, is probably your best bet for a school that follows the British system. All three are very expensive, but then again,

Burrito said he wants the best education he can get for little Burrito.

The budget international schools like NIST and Ekamai International are good, but lack the extra things like state of the art lab facilities and sparkling grounds and playing feilds. They may hire more non-native speakers as well to teach.

The only thing I can say in defense of the 'Antis' here is that Burrito's post should be in the Teaching Topic section or General Topics section, not Farang Pub and Fun. Oh well.

Edited by mbkudu

Come on. Don't be a jerk. An awful lot of expats are concerned about issues of daily life here, and where to send their kids to school certainly looms large among those issues.

If you're not interested, go away; but don't pee on people who have interests that are more substantive than tonight's price for a blow job.

Excuse me? This paricular forum is for farangs searching in discussions

looking to find a way to get horny. Now tell me what's erotical about all these?

Moderator, please dump these discusstions to some other educational

and less appealing forums. Thank for co-operations.

Excuse me for posting in your bar territory, <deleted>. However, seems to me the heading at the top of the page includes the idea of EX-PAT life. Well, any expat's child's education might just possibly fall under that idea.

I was and still am seeking the opinions of a broader crowd, hence I didn't DUMP IT into a section for a few specific professionals.

Go get drunk and lie on sidewalk somewhere. When I see you doing that, then I'll start a thread about Stupidest Farangs on Sukhumvit.

Ok, I've got my record straighter here... the school I was thinking about is called the "International Community School," and it does have both excellent academics (in math/sciences/languages, anyway) *and* a bit of a heavy Christian slant. One of my private tutorees goes there.

This particular tutoree is also one of the brightest, most well-educated students I've ever had anywhere- she mentions, in her opinion, that a group of her friends could academically kick the butts of any group at ISB, whom she referred to as spoiled rich kids who spend their time using drugs in the bathrooms. I have no personal knowledge of ISB, but I greatly respect the savviness and intelligence of this student. So, perhaps a less expensive school can still get you what you want, Dr. B! Good luck!

"Steven"

Ok, I've got my record straighter here... the school I was thinking about is called the "International Community School," and it does have both excellent academics (in math/sciences/languages, anyway) *and* a bit of a heavy Christian slant.  One of my private tutorees goes there.

"heavy" is an understatement. ICS teaches hard-line Creationist evolution and doesn't allow Harry Potter books in its library - wizadry is the Devil's work. Their mission statement is: "Based on the Bible, in partnership with parents, we teach the whole student to discern and apply wisdom for the good of our world and the glory of God."

ICS has a very good reputation among Thais, but I don't think the parents have any idea their little darlings are being taught by flat-earthers. It's ironic when you think that the main reason Thais send their kids to international schools is so that they'll develop the critical thinking that's absent in Thai schools.

Yeah, my tutoree complains about this all the time (and we have a good laugh about the right wing philosophy and history). However, she IS studying at the AP/SAT II level in most of her maths and sciences (including biology), so even if they're a little weird on the ideological side they haven't denied that science works. Guess even the flat-earthers want doctors! :o

looking to find a way to get horny. Now tell me what's erotical about all these?

You probably should have gone to school yourself....where you learnt some manners and spelling :o

You probably should have gone to school yourself....where you learnt some manners and spelling :o

-Find my spelling mistakes, not much really.

-In fact your english really sucks, though seems you are an Australian.

-I can speak 5 languages, (i don't know about you) and english

isn't my native language.

-I bet i have more education than you, i can even make a living from home.

-This is wrong topic in wrong forum.

-Who cares about manners and spelling, while i am rich and young in

Los and being treated like a king, now go screw yourself Bitch.

Lord help us.

No wonder Thais, on the whole, think of foreigners in Thailand as just a bunch of stupid <deleted>. drunken misfits, and all around losers. Guys like this sure make their point for them, don't they?

This idiot reminds me, yet again, why I am so frequently embarrassed to be a foreigner in this country.

Lord help us.

No wonder Thais, on the whole, think of foreigners in Thailand as just a bunch of stupid <deleted>. drunken misfits, and all around losers. Guys like this sure make their point for them, don't they?

This idiot reminds me, yet again, why I am so frequently embarrassed to be a foreigner in this country.

Speak for yourself not thais, bitch. :D It's because of people like me that

contribute to thai economy. What's the F@&K you have done for Thais? :o

Meantime I got hundreds of thai friends who loves me to the death.

Btw talking about Stupidest farangs lying on sidewalk in sukhmvit,

Think about your sons for a moment that hope not to end up in love

with a big time whore in sukhumvit with his high so called expensive

explosive atomic eductions

EVERYTHING COMES TO AN END IN SUKHUMVIT FOR A BITCH. :D

I think its time Cold ko 1 was put out of his misery on this forum, what do you think?

Another abusive idiot

It's because of people like me that

contribute to thai economy. What's the F@&K you have done for Thais?

In your own opinion of course
Meantime I got hundreds of thai friends who loves me to the death

In your own opinion

EVERYTHING COMES TO AN END IN SUKHUMVIT FOR A BITCH.

That quote should see you suspended with a bit of luck.

Where are you from?, Are you an Arab?.

Idiot :o

I think its time Cold ko 1 was put out of his misery on this forum, what do you think?

Another abusive idiot

In your own opinion

I say it again, Wrong topic in wrong forum. And i didn't start the flame.

If moderators think i'm wrong, I seriously want them to ban me.

Bye to this topic

Another abusive idiot

In your own opinion

I say it again, Wrong topic in wrong forum. And i didn't start the flame.

If moderators think i'm wrong, I seriously want them to ban me.

Bye to this topic

It is'nt in the wrong section, he asked a question regarding expat life in the expat life forum.

You're the one who jumped on his topic saying it was boring, if you did'nt find it interestingm fine, Don't ******* read it.

As for your replies to other members you are obviously a troll or just (as said before) an idiot.

Another priceless gem from you-

while i am rich and young in Los and being treated like a king, now go screw yourself Bitch

Are you sure :D:D