House Purchase

richard2841

Hi one and all I have been in Thailand for six months worked here before and love it.

I have work permit one year visa and would like to purchase a house I have been told start a company but uncertain.

Any ideas which is best way should I go see consultant???

I live in Banchang

Hi one and all I have been in Thailand for six months worked here before and love it.

I have work permit one year visa and would like to purchase a house I have been told start a company but uncertain.

I live in Banchang

Mate, to give you some sound advice, you have only been here 6 months, dont start jumping in just yet buying houses..revisit this in about 12-18 months time and see if you feel the same way. I too live in Ban Chang and waited nearly 3 years before I bought...

If someone advises me of a "loophole" which entitles me to a free lunch, I know that the worst that could happen is that I might eventually have to pay for the lunch, and maybe, pay a small fine.

But, if this "shell company to purchase a house" loophole is ever closed, you stand to lose your house.

If someone advises me of a "loophole" which entitles me to a free lunch, I know that the worst that could happen is that I might eventually have to pay for the lunch, and maybe, pay a small fine.

But, if this "shell company to purchase a house" loophole is ever closed, you stand to lose your house.

Understand this loophole is getting smaller as well.....to use a well worn saying in Thailand, only invest what you are prepared to walk away from...

and who pray tell will confiscate the house? :o

I live in Banchang

Soundest advice is ----------------- DO NOT BUY FOR 100 REASONS BUT RENT FOR THE SAME 100 REASONS . Good luck my man

I live in Banchang

Which way is best?

Don't buy.

How long will you be here? What is your Thai language level?

I live in Banchang

Which way is best?

Don't buy.

How long will you be here? What is your Thai language level?

Cant quite connect proficiency in the Thai lanuguage and buying a house :o ...I have bought a house in Thailand and my Thai is cr*p, is this a new goverment regulation or something ? or is this a suggestion that farangs with a certain level of Thai have more "rights" than us lanuguage disadvantaged persons ??

I rent a 6 bedroom/7 bathroom house for 5k/month, that's 60k/year or 1million 800-thousand baht for 30 years and you want to buy a house when you even don't know if you will have a work permit next year? That's smart :D

And if you ever need to move to an other region it will be plain easy to sell that house isn't :o

I rent a 6 bedroom/7 bathroom house for 5k/month, that's 60k/year or 1million 800-thousand baht for 30 years and you want to buy a house when you even don't know if you will have a work permit next year? That's smart :D

And if you ever need to move to an other region it will be plain easy to sell that house isn't :o

I doubt you will have same rent f0r 30 years so lets say it costs you 3 million bht. Lot of money flushed down the toilet.

OP wants his little home. Wants to be his own master, nothing wrong with that

I doubt you will have same rent f0r 30 years so lets say it costs you 3 million bht. Lot of money flushed down the toilet.

Zorro1 agree with you mate, but would be interested to know from the OP, why he wants to buy after such a short time...maybe being cynical but is there a woman involved maybe pushing this ??...If this is the case the OP needs to be careful, have lived in area for 7 years and there have been a few cases of the "new meat" being conned into buying something and then they were stitched up..

gee Naam you ever left your pc room? everyone here knows about the "house confiscators" they roam the streets terrorising Fa rang, demanding to see records, interviews bordering on interrogation :D

I rent a 6 bedroom/7 bathroom house for 5k/month

Blimey! Thats cheap! Where do you live?

To the OP: I agree that you should wait before investing in a house as you have only been here a short while.

The scare-mongers will try to put you off by screaming that the house will never be yours and the company ownership route will be closed and everybody is going to lose their homes, but it just ain't gonna happen. The government is too busy dealing with more important things like who owns what temple and evicting some smelly squatters from their front lawn...

Wait a while, do your research, make sure you are happy with the area you want and get a good lawyer.

Good luck

HoJo

The sale becomes "mocha" (not the chocolate variety) and becomes null and void, defaulting to the previous owner.

That said, we sell homes to company setups all the time, as it's their problem if the s*** ever hits the fan. Many people still insist even after we explain that it might not be legal, as opposed to having a local own the property. A lot of people don't have this option as they are families with no local component (Taiwanese, Korean, Russian, etc. couples and children).

:o

And if you ever need to move to an other region it will be plain easy to sell that house isn't :D

Finance 101 : 3 million baht at 5% (not in LOS but anywhere else for the matter) gives you 150k interest minus 60k for rent, so you have 90k to spend x 30 years equals 2 million 700k, where's the money flushed down the toilet?

Even if rent increases (which it has not for 7 years) I am not flushing my money, capito? :o

Where? Thung Wua Laen, beach near Chumpon.

Owner proposed me to buy the place for 2 million, although it's big I would not fancy buying the place, nothing more than naked concrete and I don't want to spend the rest of my life looking at waves. The day I get tired of the beach/sea I'm out here.

And if you ever need to move to an other region it will be plain easy to sell that house isn't :D

Finance 101 : 3 million baht at 5% (not in LOS but anywhere else for the matter) gives you 150k interest minus 60k for rent, so you have 90k to spend x 30 years equals 2 million 700k, where's the money flushed down the toilet?

Even if rent increases (which it has not for 7 years) I am not flushing my money, capito? :o

Where? Thung Wua Laen, beach near Chumpon.

Owner proposed me to buy the place for 2 million, although it's big I would not fancy buying the place, nothing more than naked concrete and I don't want to spend the rest of my life looking at waves. The day I get tired of the beach/sea I'm out here.

Inflation perhaps? :D

Finance 101a : It's amazing how an awful lot of people out there cannot handle having cash assets (fixed interest accounts, cds, bonds, etc.) and end up with nothing, not even a home to live in.

Not saying that's a reason why one should buy, but it hardly has to be an either/or decision. I've always preferred the "both" or "all" options in life.

:o

gee Naam you ever left your pc room? everyone here knows about the "house confiscators" they roam the streets terrorising Fa rang, demanding to see records, interviews bordering on interrogation :D

i went to the fish market in Naklua today and thought these thousands of people in the streets were demonstrating for the reinstatement of Samak. but when i saw the signs "deport all foreigners who tried to steal our sacred thai soil!" and "confiscate their homes, cars, mia nois and bank accounts!" i really got scared :D won't be able to sleep this weekend because we might have to vacate our house on monday. my only consolation is that they can't confiscate a mia noi that does not exist :D