Taking My Teelak To Singapore

My work is currently requiring me to travel to Singapore on a fairly regular basis (3times in the last month), generally each trip is 2 to 3 days in duration and there will be numerous more in the foreseeable future.

Question is, my Girlfriend of 12 months has asked if she can tag along on one trip so she can do a bit of sightseeing whilst im working,

She does have a passport in which we obtained a few months ago,what is required to get her into Singapore, can she merely enter the same as a i can or does she need an actual 'visa' issued prior to traveling ??

just for reference we are based in Thailand, how ever,She has never traveled before.

I was in the same situation as you some years back and took my Thai gf to Singapore. No visa, no hassle only problem was that her "sightseeing" included some serious shopping :o .

<edit : Thai women travelling alone to Singapore might get some hassle at immigration and have to prove sufficient funds but if accompanied no worries>

Edited by PhilHarries

My work is currently requiring me to travel to Singapore on a fairly regular basis (3times in the last month), generally each trip is 2 to 3 days in duration and there will be numerous more in the foreseeable future.

Question is, my Girlfriend of 12 months has asked if she can tag along on one trip so she can do a bit of sightseeing whilst im working,

She does have a passport in which we obtained a few months ago,what is required to get her into Singapore, can she merely enter the same as a i can or does she need an actual 'visa' issued prior to traveling ??

just for reference we are based in Thailand, how ever,She has never traveled before.

Thai's are usually granted 30 day stay on arrival under an Asean agreement.

No problems, but would recommend that you both walk up to immigration counter and you hand the officer both passports at the same time. That way they know for sure you are together.

TH

Just make sure she isnt pregnant.

My ex got turned back at the border with me. The Singapore immigration were quite nice. But one of the officers asked why I married a non european girl

I refered her to the four hands holding on to each other to keep them out of your pocket on the Singapore note.

Going to the counter at the same time is the best plan. First time I went with my fiancee, I went through first. Then she went through and started getting the return ticket questions, how much money, etc. I just walked back up and asked if I could help, as she was traveling with me for a 2 day holiday. No problem, instant stamp and on our way. I think the problem was that it was my fiancee's 2nd passport and this on didn't have any stamps yet, so I understood the questions.

Aloha

No problems, but would recommend that you both walk up to immigration counter and you hand the officer both passports at the same time. That way they know for sure you are together.

TH

I 2nd this.

I sent my Thai GF ahead of me in the SIN immigration line. The immigration officer asked how long the GF was staying, which was already written on the immigration form, and the GF confirmed 5 days. The officer didn't seem to believe her, then asked for hotel & return ticket info -- which was with me, so I walked up to the counter, said "we're staying 5 days," and started pulling out her return ticket & our hotel info.

Once the officer saw that my GF was with me, she no longer cared and didn't require the hotel info & return ticket, she just stamped my GF's passport and let her through.

I had another Thai friend who was going to SIN for the same reason (but for only 3 days) at the same time, but on a different flight. He was turned away, but only because his passport expired within 6 months (he didn't know about that rule...). The guy has a good job, assets, etc... & had a return ticket for 3 days later, but they wouldn't let him in based on his passport expiration date.