I Never Bothered To Get Tm47 Form: What Now?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. I got my non immigrant B visa, converted from the 3 months to a 1 year work visa back on July 1st because of my one year teacher's contract. I never bothered going to the second immigration desk to get a tm47 form, I had a class to teach, plus I was sick of the place at the time. I'm going on holiday in the second week of October, and I'm wondering should I go to immigration and ask for a tm47 form now, since I don't want to get loaded with a fine. Can I say I "lost" the original and ask for a new one? The date that I should report would be around October 1st, since that's 3 months on from july 1st. I'm going to have to go there any way to purchase a single re-entry stamp. Basically is there a fine for not having the tm47 form or is it just about informing immigration about your address every 3 months? Does anyone know what are the fines exactly?

You just have to report your addres every 90 days. You do that with form t.m. 47. There is no fine for not having one, only for not reporting. You can download the form from here and do your reporting by mail:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...p?page=download

Check with your immigration office if you allow it by mail. Not all do. The procedure is also on the website I gave you above, but on another page. You find the link at the left side.

Fine is normaly 2000 baht for not reporting. They can fine you for more, but in practise it is just 2000.

Edited by Mario2008