New 2-dose Je Vaccine For Kids?

Niranut

Our regular pediatrician is on maternity leave, and so we met with a regular doctor today for my 13-month-old daughter's scheduled vaccination appointment.

This was her first dose for the JE vaccine. The doctor was confused (at first asked if we were there for a HIB vaccine...) It was the regular pediatric nurse who finally convinced him that it was in fact the JE vaccine that we needed. Anyway, he said nothing to us directly other than to ask if my daughter had any problems. And then sent us on our way to have the nurse give the vaccine.

When we were checking out, I noticed that the next scheduled appointment for the second dose was 10 Dec-- in 3 months. I asked about this, as I know when my son had his JE vaccines (which was just last year), it was 3 doses with the second dose two weeks after the first, and then the third dose one year after the first.

They checked and told me that my daughter had received a new vaccine which only requires two doses, with the second dose given 3 months after the first. I then confirmed that she was given the "CD.JEVAX Inj" vaccine. After checking around on the internet, I can find nothing about a new 2-dose JE vaccine. Everything re: the CD.JEVAX Inj indicates the standard 3-dose series.

So does anyone know if this new JE vaccine, which only requires two doses??

EDIT & UPDATE: Was able to get in touch with a pediatrician I have used in the past at Samitivej and she confirmed that there is a new JE vaccine, and that the second dose is given 3-12 months after the first. So please disregard my previous question about the dosage, and hope this may be helpful for others.

Edited by Niranut