Thai Guy Married To Filipina

Hi Maestro,

My Thai friend is married to a Filipina (Phils.). Are you familiar with the requirements for the work permit for a non-immigrant O in this case? The employer is asking for the copy of my friend annual income tax which is very personal and takes time to get it. And we don't believe that it would be necessary. He just wanna make sure if he process those things would it be useful? He doesn't really know about the requirements even his wife since that's is her first job in Thailand. He said that his wife's visa will expire next month. The company promise that they could process it but we just want to have enough information of the requirements and the process for the Work permit for Phils. Could you help us with this?

//Edit: I am moving this post and my reply to it from the topic "Work, live" to the other topic "Thai Guy Married To Filipina" you started on this subject in another forum, subsequently moved to this forum, which is the correct forum. You should not ask the same question in two different threads. -- Maestro

Edited by Maestro
Added edit note - Maestro

My Thai friend is married to a Filipina (Phils.). Are you familiar with the requirements for the work permit for a non-immigrant O in this case? The employer is asking for the copy of my friend annual income tax which is very personal and takes time to get it. And we don't believe that it would be necessary. He just wanna make sure if he process those things would it be useful? He doesn't really know about the requirements even his wife since that's is her first job in Thailand. He said that his wife's visa will expire next month. The company promise that they could process it but we just want to have enough information of the requirements and the process for the Work permit for Phils. Could you help us with this?

The income of the husband would not be needed for the work permit of his wife. The income is only needed for the extension of stay by immigration.

The employer is advised to call to the local labour offcie and see wich documents they require and to see if the job he is offering is open to foreigners. Not all jobs are open to foreigners.

My Thai friend is married to a Filipina (Phils.). Are you familiar with the requirements for the work permit for a non-immigrant O in this case? ...He said that his wife's visa will expire next month. The company promise that they could process it but we just want to have enough information of the requirements and the process for the Work permit for Phils. Could you help us with this?

I find your post a bit confusing. When you say “Work permit for Phils.” do you mean a work permit for a Thai national to work in the Philippines? I know nothing about that.

If you are talking about a the application for a work permit for a Filipina woman to work in Thailand, then the company who wants to employ the woman will have to supply documents about its company, not about the woman’s husband’s salary.

If you are talking about the woman’s application for extension of stay for the reason of living with her Thai husband, then the immigration office may possibly ask for information about the husbands salary even though this is not specifically mentioned in the rules. The requirements for this type of extension are listed in paragraph 7.17 of the Royal Thai Police Order 606/2549.

--

Maestro