Thai National Living Australia.australian Citizen Children

Brief history.

Fourteen years ago my wife and ten year old daughter moved to Australia.

One and a half years back, wife and myself moved to Chiang Mai.

(One of the few clever things I"ve done in my life.)

Step daughter still living in Australia with two very young children.

I would like to bring daughter and kids for an extended stay with Mum.

Daughter no trouble.

Children Australian Citizens.

At last the question.

How long can the kids stay,60days out of Sydney,30days ext. C.Mai.

Or is there other rules regarding children of Thai Citizens,I only ask because there"s always a rule?

THANKS.

I take it your wife is Thai. If your wife is Thai here children are automaticaly Thai. Your daughter can apply for a Thai passport at a Thai embassy. As your daughter is Thai by way of birth, her children are also Thai nationals and can apply for a Thai passport.

http://burmalibrary.org/docs3/THAILAND'...onality_Act.htm

Have you daughter contact the Thai embassy and see which documents she needs to get a Thai passport. The can than stay as long as they want for about the same price as a visa.

Correct. They would leave Australia on their Autsralian Passport, show the airline both passport to show that they don't need a visa for Thailand), enter Thailand on their Thai passport, check out of Thailand on their Thai passport and show the airline both passports again and enter Australia on their Australian passport.

Technically an Australian ID would be enough to enter Australia, as they only need to show they are Australian nationals and don't need a visa. But they might run into trouble with the airline.

Correct. They would leave Australia on their Autsralian Passport, show the airline both passport to show that they don't need a visa for Thailand), enter Thailand on their Thai passport, check out of Thailand on their Thai passport and show the airline both passports again and enter Australia on their Australian passport.

Technically an Australian ID would be enough to enter Australia, as they only need to show they are Australian nationals and don't need a visa. But they might run into trouble with the airline.

The airline wouldn't carry them if the Australian passports weren't shown at checkin.