Full Love (2009) Filiming In Pattaya.

Cuban

Posting only to draw attention to those that delayed me driving along Second Road this afternoon, so a little payback.

Jean-Claude Van Damme, Adam Karst, Josef Cannon are in town with others filming 'Full Love' due for release in 2009.

I was a little delayed while filming took place on the soi that leads to the Welcome Plaza Hotel on Second Road this afternoon, on speaking to one of my staff about this; she said that she saw him (JCVD) and the others mentioned above in Living Dolls Showcase last night. (I didn't ask what she was doing there!)

I will not repeat what else was mentioned about the evening - but expect there to be a few photographers out and about on Walking Street tonight. :o

Edited by Cuban

And here I was thinking this was going to be (another) thread about wanting extras for the movie !

The good news is, the Muscles from Brussels doesn't appear to be hanging in the same places that I do, so I won't have to go all Isaan on his @ss for trying to pick up one of my girls ! :D

Wouldn't that be a hoot, to read in the paper that JCVD got his ass whooped by some Isaan farmboys/go-go touts (or moto taxi drivers) ! :D

(or gets caught trying to pick up a khatoey on Beach Road "in the early hours of the morning") :o

I LOVED his first two films - Kickboxer was set in Thaland.

He was handsome and charming and a decent martial artist. His main mistake was trying avoid being typecast as a Karate Star.

If he had stayed with the martial arts films - instead of trying to switch over to action star - but selected his scripts more carefully, he might be up there with Bruce Lee!

Edited by Ulysses G.

He was handsome and charming and a decent martial artist. His main mistake was trying avoid being typecast as a Karate Star.

If he had stayed with the martial arts films - instead of trying to switch over to action star - but selected his scripts more carefully, he might be up there with Bruce Lee!

You mean Dead ??

:o

You mean Dead ??

Judging by his acting abilities, how would they tell?

You mean Dead ??

:D

Not sure who is more wooden, JCVD or Chuck Norris.

...he might be up there with Bruce Lee!

You mean Dead ??

:D

Not sure who is more wooden, JCVD or Chuck Norris.

That used to always be a problem. Good actors made lousy martial artists, and good martial artists made lousy actors.

Now we have the likes of (actors) Keanu Reeves (Matrix), Chris Rock (Shanghai Noon/Nights/ect), Chow Yun-Fat (Crouching Tiger, Bulletproof Monk), Sean William Scott (Bulletproof Monk) and others that do fairly well when doing fight scenes.

On the other side, martial artists like Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung, Donny Yen are pretty good actors, and excellent martial artists (for Jet Li, you have to remember that his English language movies are a lot more difficult for him. In his Chinese movies, like the Once Upon a Time in China series, Kung <deleted> Cult Master and others, his acting ability is much better).

Not too many good (non-asian) martial artists make good actors though it seems. Billy Blanks, Bill "Superfoot" Lewis, Benny "The Jet" Urquidez, Bob Wall have all have movie roles/appearances, but never made it big.

I think Chuck's best movie was Lone Wolf McQuade (but his best fight was in Return of the Dragon, with Bruce Lee of course).

Never really liked David Carradine, in his movies or the "Kung <deleted>" TV series (which he got because the producers thought Bruce Lee was "too asian" and wouldn't "sell" to a primarily western (caucasian) audience).

Bruce's son (Brandon Lee, The Crow, Rapid Fire, Showdown in Little Toyko, etc) showed some promise before his unexpected death.

JCVD ? Pass. Can't think of anything he's done that I'd want to see more than once (if that).

(Guess I won't be auditioning as an "extra" for this flick !) :D

You mean Dead ??

Chuch Norris is wooden, Van Damme is not.

He is certainly as expresive and as good an actor as Bruce Lee was (which is not like comparing him to Brando).

His main problem is that directors try to have him speak as little as possible because of his accent, but there is nothing wrong with his accent - it is a nice one. He should have treated it as an assett, rather than a liability and taken a few more acting classes. He could have gone much futher than he did. :D

You mean Dead ??

Chuch Norris is wooden, Van Damme is not.

He is certainly as expresive and as good an actor as Bruce Lee was (which is not like comparing him to Brando).

His main problem is that directors try to have him speak as little as possible because of his accent, but there is nothing wrong with his accent - it is a nice one. He should have treated it as an assett, rather than a liability and taken a few more acting classes. He could have gone much futher than he did. :D

...and he deserves an Oscar Nomination................... NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't mind his acting, but Kickboxer was a huge insult to Muay Thai; pity he could not have got at least a couple of days of training to learn how to actually do a little muay Thai; kind of like having Mike Tyson play a role in a Hong Kong Kung <deleted> film.

He had a pretty good run given his english prowess but he simply doesn't have the skills of the true martial arts guys (not all of whom are Chinese, but a Kung <deleted> does look slick on film and hard to do it with the basic skills he had compared to a Jet Li or gymnast based Jackie Chan type).

Great to see he still has a film though unlike Steven Steagal the nutter.

I don't mind his acting, but Kickboxer was a huge insult to Muay Thai; pity he could not have got at least a couple of days of training to learn how to actually do a little muay Thai; kind of like having Mike Tyson play a role in a Hong Kong Kung <deleted> film.

He had a pretty good run given his english prowess but he simply doesn't have the skills of the true martial arts guys (not all of whom are Chinese, but a Kung <deleted> does look slick on film and hard to do it with the basic skills he had compared to a Jet Li or gymnast based Jackie Chan type).

Seagal has a new movie in the theaters next month,called glimmer man.Even directed by himself so double money to make.

Seagal has a new movie in the theaters next month,called glimmer man.Even directed by himself so double money to make.

Let me guess. He faces a hundred bad guys, all bigger, meaner and better armed than him, and defeats them all without breaking a sweat or getting a single hair out of place ?

The only thing good in any Segal movie I've seen, is the one where Erika Elniak bursts out of the birthday cake topless ! :o

Let me guess. He faces a hundred bad guys, all bigger, meaner and better armed than him, and defeats them all without breaking a sweat or getting a single hair out of place ?

The only thing good in any Segal movie I've seen, is the one where Erika Elniak bursts out of the birthday cake topless ! :o

Jeeze must have missed that one,or maybe I was to much focused on his big gun.Whats the title?

Jeeze must have missed that one,or maybe I was to much focused on his big gun.Whats the title?

i think you were focused to much on his big gun........says it all really :D

"Under Siege" (1992) Where he is a cook on a battleship that gets hijacked by terrorists. Erika was a party stripper that was supposed to pop out of a huge cake as a surprise for the ship's captain.

Other than that, the rest of the movie was standard "kill everyone, save the day single-handed, never get mussed and get the girl in the end (or both ends)" kind of stuff.

And before filming in Pattaya, he spent 3 weeks at the Eagle House outside of Bangkok. I worked on the film for a few days, and JCvD looked terrible, with thinning hair dyed an unnatural shade of brown. He expects the film to be in the Cannes Film Fest, and I think that it will be sent directly to DVD.

....and where are all the anabolic steroid knockers when you need them. I suppose it's ok when you're a movie star.

i dont think they realise he takes(or took) steroids as hes not massive.........and anyway i think hes more into the coke than anything else lately.

anyway they only knock pattaya steroid users as they jealous :o

JCVD actually has an 18/1 fight record (Karate). In his last fight, under full-contact-rules he stopped the only guy to beat him, Patrick Teugels (ranked no. 2 in the world) inside two minutes. On that basis, I feel it's a little unfair to say he doesn't have the skills of a true martial arts guy.

Whilst not a former Muay Thai protagonist, he was a European Middleweight Kickboxing champion, so certainly more credentials for his role in kickboxer, than Mike Tyson would have in a Kung <deleted> film.

Edited by ClaytonSeymour

JCVD actually has an 18/1 fight record (Karate). In his last fight, under full-contact-rules he stopped the only guy to beat him, Patrick Teugels (ranked no. 2 in the world) inside two minutes. On that basis, I feel it's a little unfair to say he doesn't have the skills of a true martial arts guy.

Whilst not a former Muay Thai protagonist, he was a European Middleweight Kickboxing champion, so certainly more credentials for his role in kickboxer, than Mike Tyson would have in a Kung <deleted> film.

If you saw how the early kickboxer/karate vs. Muay Thai fights went, they are completely different sports; I don't doubt he has skills, just no Muay Thai skills; maybe martial arts guy is not quite the right phrase although I would say the true performers out of Hong Kong they know and recognise the different styles and can mimick them to some extent; or perhaps it is a question of direction.

My old trainer (Fanta) actually did fight a guy called Don Dragon Wilson, and it was so embarrassing Don had to apologise to the crowd after and actually came to Thailand and learned Muay Thai after that. Being based here for the film, you would think JC would try to learn a bit; even his co star Dennis Alexio actually knew some Muay Thai. Even a basic MT fighter would tear him apart I suspect. It is said he has learned some MT, but having watched a few of his films he certainly has never used it on film.

Steven Seagal on the other hand; you can see his use of angles etc, he does actually know how to sort of do something other than splits :-) The dirty old man that he is.

Good to see that walking street revenues can be propped up once again by JC.