Embassy Certificate

I wonder for how long the certification of my incoming pension is valid until I have to get a new one from my embassy.

I will apply for a retirement extension in the middle of November 2008 and I have a certificate letter of my pension from my embassy dated august 28 2008.

You should be okay. But others might of experienced something different.

I think the ninty day rule might apply on this for proof on income but you never know. There is nothing specificly stated on this subject in the written rules that I have read.

Edited by ubonjoe

I think the ninty day rule might apply on this for proof on income but you never know. There is nothing specificly stated on this subject in the written rules that I have read.
Immigration's Translation of National Police Order 606/2549 Extension of Permission to Stay on the Grounds of Retirement (Section 7.21)
(4) Having the records of saving money in the latest 3 months of account book of any Bank in Thailand not less than 800,000 Baht
Edited by digitalchromakey

Should of said 3 months. Just said that to say that if an immigration officer wanted to get pickey he could try and apply that rule as far as the time period goes. You never know.

Edit: Bengt is okay if they got pickey though.

Edited by ubonjoe

Should of said 3 months. Just said that to say that if an immigration officer wanted to get pickey he could try and apply that rule as far as the time period goes. You never know.

Edit: Bengt is okay if they got pickey though.

Thanks for replying in this topic and if there are some problem with my embassy certificate I can get a new one at our embassy for the fee of only 600 THB

Regards!

Thats a lot cheaper than some. Mine is 1020. UK something like 2500.

Don't speak so loud,mine is for free.BUT if they read Thaivisa? :o

Don't matter can't use it unless you have the right passport. I think I know which one your is from another thread. I think it begins with G and ends with n or y. Dependent as to whether you are talking nationality or country.

Immigration's Translation of National Police Order 606/2549 Extension of Permission to Stay on the Grounds of Retirement (Section 7.21)
(4) Having the records of saving money in the latest 3 months of account book of any Bank in Thailand not less than 800,000 Baht

Correct, but not relevant.

The OP is referring to the letter certifying income.

The rule you quote is for the lump sum in the bank, and is to stop people

just borrowing the money for a few days to meet the requirement.

Having said that the Thais do have the idea that documents become "stale"

after one month. Get a new cert to be on the safe side.