Rent A Car In Ubon

Carnwadrick

Looking to rent a car in Ubon Oct 13,2008 - Oct 19 can any member recommend an agency that will not overcharge. thanks

Big agencies are more expensive but have more or less fixed price tables.

Smaller agencies or one-offs have floating price lists.

If you have a Thai woman with you with hair on her teeth, let her check out the prices before you show up.

If the prices are raised when they see you, just go to the next one.

Presuming you are farang!

Try the airport!

some useful information on the link below:

http://ubonmap.com/car.html

Wow this is synchronicity !!! Years ago I rented a car in Ubon from a really good company but dammed if I could remember the name, now I need to do so again, clicked on the Issan forum and the top thread was this one and straight away I recognised the name...Chao Wattana has my business again !

Thanks a million. :o

Glad to see that ubonmap.com helped some people!!!!!!

But there are others, like surinmap.com, roietmap.com, koratmap.com, etc.

The ones above are FREE websites and all contributions are appreciated. Contributions are not financial but INFORMATION. If you have a comment, a place to add, anything, send an email. More information will be put on these websites on the next months. Many members here are already helping but it's difficult to be up to date.

Burirammap.com and yasothonmap.com are being built at the moment. Udonmap is something else, much more developped, and very nice. Same for Khon Kaen. These belongs to Lee, I presume.

If people in the community can help, information will circulate about Isaan and it won't hurt us. It could only help people struggling with Thai language to find a hotel, restaurant, a map, a tourist attraction, etc.

I had snake last night in a restaurant of Korat (Tony's) and it's already on koratmap.com !!!!!

S./

I have used Chaowattana as well. Many times. They're cool. Also a lady who has a counter inside the airport, but don't recall her or her company's name. I never had a problem with overcharges at either one, and I don't read Thai so couldn't have reviewed any contract anyway. Doubt you'll have a problem. Enjoy your trip!

I have used Chaowattana as well. Many times. They're cool. Also a lady who has a counter inside the airport, but don't recall her or her company's name. I never had a problem with overcharges at either one, and I don't read Thai so couldn't have reviewed any contract anyway. Doubt you'll have a problem. Enjoy your trip!

i've used them too cheap and the car was solid...don't know how good they'd be if you crashed though?

they gave me a car no license or ID?