Renting In Bangkok

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the website! :o

Just be aware most of the ads there are done by ONE agent who contributes heavily to this site. If you do a search of units between 10-15000 baht per month the first 3 pages out of 7 are this agent. Nothing wrong with that just dont think the ads are so independant as they used to be.

Edited by yabaaaa

Recent experience has taught me that be prepared for alot of bait and switch on the rental websites too. I have lost count how many times I see a classified ad (on another wellknown site) that was posted this morning for example, only to get a reply back from the agent same day saying that the one I enquired about was rented.

Not an isolated case and I am sure that the rental agencies will all say they can't keep updating their sites on a daily basis.

Best way I have found is to send specific requirements to the agent for what you are looking for and ask them to send you details AND photos before going out to see the places. Otherwise you end up wasting your entire weekend looking at 10 duds and one or two possible good ones.

If they won't or can't send you pictures of what is actually available for rent, get another agent.

Ppl will scare you for nothing. with 60k a month, you can do loads of thing. thai ppl are very friendly and not harmful. Things are very cheap here once you get used to it.

Remember, sukumvit, silom and sathorn is not Bangkok. There are plenty more good area's here.

Recent experience has taught me that be prepared for alot of bait and switch on the rental websites too. I have lost count how many times I see a classified ad (on another wellknown site) that was posted this morning for example, only to get a reply back from the agent same day saying that the one I enquired about was rented.

Not an isolated case and I am sure that the rental agencies will all say they can't keep updating their sites on a daily basis.

Best way I have found is to send specific requirements to the agent for what you are looking for and ask them to send you details AND photos before going out to see the places. Otherwise you end up wasting your entire weekend looking at 10 duds and one or two possible good ones.

If they won't or can't send you pictures of what is actually available for rent, get another agent.

This is normal practice for many of them, they also like to "borrow" photos from our website as they are too idle to get off their <deleted> to take their own.

When we have called them about this they will say some crap like "they needed photos quickly" WE usually arrange to meet them not letting on beforehand, its nice to waste their time.......... that;s if they turn up. Many of the sites will tell you how "professional" they are too. Letting Agents , one step down the ladder of real estate agents for many here it appears!