Wifi Hotspot

I have an internetcafe in Lamai, Koh Samui. On my recent visit to Bangkok i bought some equipment one of which is a Wifi access point.

I choose the 11 Mb one to have the best compatibility with what people use.

For internet access i charge 4 baht for 5 minutes or i have an prepaid card of 100 baht which gives you 2:30 hours. This is about 10-25 percent cheaper than my competitors. I hope to make up the difference with selling drinks and snacks, which also give you some free internet time (Every 10 baht 1 minute free).

The wifi accespoint is more difficult to measure in minutes.

I was thinking of selling 12 hour access or multiples of that.

Like 24 hours, 2 days, a week, a month, etc...

As most of the people using it will be tourist staying for a few days i hope the 12 - 2 day cards will be most popular.

I will have to control access by using passwords that have to be given for every 12 hour timeslot (very difficult), or i manage a list of MAC addresses every 12 hours that can have access. (Easy)

I have to use prepaid cards, as people can also use it when i am closed.

The problem is that there can be a big difference between what people buy say a 12 hour access and use maybe only 1 hour. For those people it will be expensive. And someone who uses it 12 hours will have a very good deal.

12 hours normal charge would be around 500 baht. Obviously that price is to high.

As there are no competitors i would like some feedback of how others charge for it.

Can somebody enlighten me how Startbuck in Bangkok charges for the use, is that a good way, are you happy with it, how much do you have to pay?

Or can someone suggest a different pricing method.

Many thanks in advance.

Jean